New Dude on the Block

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
Sword-of-Grayskull

New Dude on the Block

Post by Sword-of-Grayskull » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Ba Weep Granna Weep Ninni Bahn! (The universal greeting, as we TransFans like to say :mrgreen: )

After wanting to do cosplay for years upon years, but devoting too much time and energy to my bountiful action figure collection, I decided it's time to start making the transition to fulfilling my lifelong dream to costume every character in fiction I've loved, from superheroes to bounty hunters to martial artists and fantasy warriors to ghostbusters. My costumes may be slow coming since I'm still looking for a job in this terrible economy, but I figured I might as well start work on this instead of saying "Tomorrow" to myself every day.

Glad to be here!
"I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

buster cleveland

Re: New Dude on the Block

Post by buster cleveland » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 am

Ba Weep Granna Weep Ninni Bahn! Welcome!

Makyo_kun

Post by Makyo_kun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

Ba Weep Granna Weep Ninni Bahn! *holds Energon treat out* i'm new here, as well!! Well, let's see.... I am from Fort Valley, GA. If you don't know where that is, I don't blame you. I tend to hate things, but i like MORE things than i hate. I'm EMO and i'm cool with that. I'm VERY into cosplay and prop fabrication these days. i'm still relatively new to the whole concept of cosplay, but i've been into anime since i saw LilyCAT as a kid.

Sword-of-Grayskull

Post by Sword-of-Grayskull » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Makyo_kun wrote:Ba Weep Granna Weep Ninni Bahn! *holds Energon treat out* i'm new here, as well!! Well, let's see.... I am from Fort Valley, GA. If you don't know where that is, I don't blame you. I tend to hate things, but i like MORE things than i hate. I'm EMO and i'm cool with that. I'm VERY into cosplay and prop fabrication these days. i'm still relatively new to the whole concept of cosplay, but i've been into anime since i saw LilyCAT as a kid.
Ba Weep Granna Weep Ninni Bahn! See, the Universal Greeting works every time. :wink: Time to dance to Weird Al or be eaten by a Sharkticon. :mrgreen:

What kind of prop fabrication do you do - molding or putting together from raw materials? Props are the things I feel most deficient in, since there isn't really a book I can learn that from. And if I want to cosplay as DC Comics' Dr. Fate or any mecha characters, I need to learn how to make armor, props, and molds.
"I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org