Audacity Help Needed ASAP

Discuss skit ideas, form groups and ask for suggestions
Devonry

Audacity Help Needed ASAP

Post by Devonry » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:07 pm

Hello~

I posted a while ago asking for help cutting skit music using the program Audacity. Unfortunately, I fail at life, and my best attempts have made all the songs I have tried to edit sound like they were completely butchered. I only need to keep the first verse and chorus, cut the second verse and chorus, and then have the remainder left intact. Depending on how much time that leaves me, I may need to splice the first round of the introductory music out as well.

I have until the beginning of March to prepare for this convention, (which I was informed I'm going to yesterday), and I need a song spliced to around two minutes with a part in the middle cut out. I was wondering if anyone in this community with the experience needed to do something like this well would be willing to help me, since I need to start choreographing and practicing ASAP if I have any hope of getting ready in time for this con.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I'd be more than happy to upload the mp3 file for whoever would be willing to help me with this.

VocalCannibal

Post by VocalCannibal » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:45 am

I fairly new with Audacity and mixing myself, but I think your best bet would be to take out the part you don't want, and then transfer half of the remaning audio onto another layer, and have them fade into each other.

Sorry I couldn't help more. I sorta fail at mixing. xD