Romance
10%
Angst
No votes

Total votes: 10

olettea

Appropriate Skit Ideas

Post by olettea » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:36 am

My friends and I are doing a skit for A-fest 2006 for our Inu-yasha group. We have a Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha, Kikyo, and Kagome. I'm desperate for any ideas!

Sakura_Efreet

Well, since your DESPERATE!

Post by Sakura_Efreet » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:36 am

I'm going to A-fest, too, and after watching about 8 cosplay contests, let me give you a few tips:
1.People really want to laugh. It seems like it is always the funny groups that get the awards.
2.Yaoi and Yuri always gets the crowd going ^^;;.
3.Prerecording your voices onto a CD is really helpfull so that every single person watching the skit can hear you. Skits that do this always seem to get awards, too.
4.If you arn't prepared, you arn't prepared- there was a skit at A-kon that was soooooo boring and dull, around 100 people left in the five minutes the skit wasted!!

I'll be looking for ya when I'm at A-Fest, and I'll almost most definently be cosplaying as a female Sephiroth!

I hope I helped some... good luck!
If I were a teacup, I'd be juice! ^o^!

I is a con addict... however, my next con is up in the air right now.

kittykat

Post by kittykat » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:05 am

I like to laugh, and sitting through a serious skit is not what im goingt o a con for. I want ot have some fun, something wer everybody is enjoying themselves becuase they really like something. Thers plenty of stuff you could cosplay from Inuyasha that is funny, so best of luck to you guys.^_^ -o- ^o^ :D
With Lots of Meows,
KittyKat

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:49 pm

Lmao I remember that skit at A-Kon... way for the staff to liven it up, though... let's break things! Sitting on the other side of the room, away from the broken glass, it was pretty funny.

Please at least make it interesting. Comedy usually gets the crowd going, but it's only good if we can HEAR it. If you're going to use the provided microphone, pass it back and forth, and SPEAK INTO IT. Don't put it in your mouth, but close enough to your mouth so we can hear you. And I agree with Sakura, the audience of cosplay skits is always full of crazy perverts and rabid fangirls (well, it's not that bad, but yeah), so yaoi and yuri (especially yaoi) leanings are entertaining to most of the crowd.

Make it memorable. Nobody wants to see Kagome tell Inuyasha to sit ever again. If we wanted to see that, we would just watch the anime. Sorry, that's just so overused, it bothers me.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

olettea

Post by olettea » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:35 am

I agree with you it's so overused it's annoying. Unfortunatly I called A-Fest and they said that they won't let us pre record voices but they will give us microphones :( . As for Yuri and yaoi, I'm not against homosexuals, my cousin's gay, but I don't like it if the characters aren't gay, but I do think it can be funny. :D Thanks for your help guys I really apreciate it! I feel much more comfortable about writing a skript now! :D

olettea

Post by olettea » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:36 am

I agree with you it's so overused it's annoying. Unfortunatly I called A-Fest and they said that they won't let us pre record voices but they will give us microphones :( . As for Yuri and yaoi, I'm not against homosexuals, my cousin's gay, but I don't like it if the characters aren't gay, but I do think it can be funny. :D Thanks for your help guys I really apreciate it! I feel much more comfortable about writing a skript now! :D See yall at A-Fest! :D