opinion

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
purplekiwi101

opinion

Post by purplekiwi101 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 pm

well, i'm going to a convention with a friend and i needed a simple costume so i chose misty from pokemon.....i was sort of wondering how well that would go over with the whole anime/ manga crowd, since pokemon isn't necesarily held in the highest of standards by most, despite the fact it had a show, manga, and game. I could have picked others but i wanted something kind of random.......opinions??

i was also wondering if i could even pull a reconizable Misty off. i have brown hair soo its not quit carrot orange.

Yogurtness

Post by Yogurtness » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:02 am

ohhh I could recognize a misty from a mile away, (exaggeration) Maybe a sexy brown haired misty variant? idk I think that would probably go well..

Andichan

Re: opinion

Post by Andichan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

purplekiwi101 wrote:i was sort of wondering how well that would go over with the whole anime/ manga crowd, since pokemon isn't necesarily held in the highest of standards by most.
no way~! I think most people would look at it more nostalgic, like "oh I remember when I was younger and played/watched that all the time!" I know that's the reaction I always have to misty cosplayers. Plus, as long as it looks good I think people will be excited about it.

And as far as the hair thing goes, I think the costume is recognizable enough that the hair inaccuracy wouldn't be too much of a problem. Or you could even kool-aid/temporary dye your hair to have a tint of orange. I know hot topic sells bright orange dye.

Morbid_Circuit

Post by Morbid_Circuit » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:41 am

Misty was the coolest character in pokemon for me!!!! All the new characters aren't as cool.