looking for something dark.

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
chibi_emily

looking for something dark.

Post by chibi_emily » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:05 pm

hey look, it's me!

^
That was back when I was working on a Lulu costume last year for Halloween. I had, uh, all of the easy parts of the costume done xD
When I got to trying to figure out those dern belts and what in the heck to do with my (32G) boobs... >_o yeah, lol, I definitely never finished that costume.

Anyhoo, looking at some free time coming up, and I wanted to work on a costume. Something easier than Lulu... but I still want to do something dark.

So I suppose here's the part where I show you guys a more normal pic of me and ask for ideas, and then tell you a bit more about what I'm looking for.

-As previously mentioned, dark. It could be an outfit that's not necessarily dark in its usual incarnation, but one that would feasibly look good if done up darkly.

-Cool, preferably. Temperature-wise. Like, not longsleeved. Cause, I'm not good with heat >_< (err, that was another problem I realized about the Lulu outfit. heh).

-Long straight hair, though it can be in a weird style. Basically, I don't really want to wear a wig. Don't really want to color my hair, either, but to be frank, I don't rightly care if my hair's the wrong color, just as long as I can get close to the style. It would also work if I could put my hair up in a hat or something (and I have it layered so I can kind of fake shorter styles that way).

-mostly sewing/altering. Not so much... fastening belts to a dress xD

-bonus points for outfits involving tights and boots. ^_^

-bear in mind that I have the odd fortune of being a size 32G >_< So... halter-tops don't work. Because halter-top bras in my size do not exist ._. similarly, strapless bras don't particularly work, either. So I need something that a normal bra would work with. Unless one of you wants to teach me how to make my own corset for not-$600... >_o

-male or female, don't rightly care. I wouldn't cross-play per se (uh, boobs, lol), but I do kinda get a kick out of the idea of making a girl version of a guy outfit.

I think that's about it... any characters you can think of that fit the bill, lemme hear'em ^_^

Jess

Post by Jess » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 pm

I always wanted to crossplay, but I have the same problem, I can't hide my boobs >_<
I'm thinking about some characters, I'll post here if I find a good one!
:D

Sekki

Post by Sekki » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Lol
thats kewl
But im a little confused
cause "DARK" is a very vauge and general word
Bad ass dark
scary kinda dark
kick ass dark
creepy dark
the meanings connect together but they really arent the SAME
so could u specify xP

-Sekki
Sometimes i think to myself....
and i say
Poor Poor me, how the hell are we gonna get outta this one......
-regret its more fun.

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 am

Mistress 9 from Sailor moon:

Sekki

Post by Sekki » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Some thing
Dark
ok
im posting 2 suggestions that are totally into "Dark"
in different ways

Lust from FMA (FullMetalAlchamist)
OOOORRRR
Raven From TT (Teen Titans)

i think Lust would be kewler
If u have a friend willing to be Gluttony or Envy
that'll be freken sweet
xD

-Sekki
Sometimes i think to myself....
and i say
Poor Poor me, how the hell are we gonna get outta this one......
-regret its more fun.