Help choosing a cosplay

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
Bowleena

Help choosing a cosplay

Post by Bowleena » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 am

Hiya!
I've never officially cosplayed, but I've done a lot of dressing up and costuming and so on (I'm into theatre). A friend and I are hoping to make it to SakuraCon next year (so we have lots of time for costumes).

I'm about 5"6, with short brown-blonde hair (I can wear a wig over it), and my main problem is that I have a large chest. As in, triple D big.
It's been really hard to find someone to dress up as because of that.
My friend is a bit taller than me, and she has long brown hair (just past her shoulders). She can cosplay as many different people... she's lucky!

So, any one have any duo ideas? All suggestions are welcome! Even crossplaying... though I don't do that very convincingly, for reasons already stated. :)

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

Actually, my close friend had that same concern when I convinced her to cosplay with me one time. I personally don't think it matters; especially with anime when so many characters are [unrealistically] busty. So long as you aren't trying to cosplay a little kid.

However, these are the suggestions I gave her, and there are of course many more...

Lulu from FFX/X2

Mikuru Asahina from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (she is so cute~!) she would be a good one to do w/your friend because your friend could be Yuki Nagato or Haruhi Suzumiya easily. Plus she has a few different outfits - school uniform, combat waitress, and maid to name a few.

Mistress 9 from Sailor moon - this one would be great to do w/your friend because she could be either sailor saturn or black lady (evil version of sailor chibi moon)

Queen of Hearts from Alice in wonderland/Kingdom Hearts - ok so this one is just kind of more a funny suggestion but my friend really liked it. You could be her and your friend could be Alice.

I will try to think of some more but really there are endless possibilities out there, you just have to try to think of shows/characters that you like and chances are you will find something that can work for you. :D

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:27 pm

I second those ideas. They all sound great. Though I think you could be Matsumoto from Bleach...
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 am

oh! I thought of another one:

yuuko from Schrödinger's Lion (upper right corner) and your friend could either be Himawari (brown pigtails) or one of yuukos little attendant girls (pink/blue hair girls)

Bowleena

Post by Bowleena » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 pm

wow! you guys reply fast :)
thanks, these are all GREAT ideas!
Especially the Mikuru idea, my friend would be great as Haruhi :)
I'd love to try Yuuko, but I'm scared I wouldn't do her outfits justice ;)
I'll see what my friend says...! Thanks!

Anyone else...?

alicehana

Post by alicehana » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm

hi, read the post below , you will see how important to chose the right character to suit for your body figure when you start to coplsy :D

http://www.cosplayclasses.com/how-to-ch ... lay-girls/
http://www.cosplayclasses.com/how-to-ch ... play-boys/

Bowleena

Post by Bowleena » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:48 am

alicehana wrote:hi, read the post below , you will see how important to chose the right character to suit for your body figure when you start to coplsy :D

http://www.cosplayclasses.com/how-to-ch ... lay-girls/
http://www.cosplayclasses.com/how-to-ch ... play-boys/
Thanks for the offer, but that really was not very helpful.
It didn't really give any advice except to cover up that fat-girls. And the grammar was terrible. Also, all the 'fails' were non-Asian, and the 'wins' all were. It seemed very biased.

Thanks for trying, though.