Question Question! :O

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!

what should this annoying little youngster cosplay?

Yuki from Vampire Knight
29%
Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haurhi Suzumiya
43%
Something else... =\
29%

Total votes: 7

poisoned-rainbows

Question Question! :O

Post by poisoned-rainbows » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:13 pm

All I need your help again, and thank you very much for helping out last time (if you did. xD ).

Anyways I'm thinking about going to a convention this time and I need a character to cosplay. :3 But I have no ideas once again so I need your help (again)...Well actually I have some final decisions but whatever.

tis me again. xD

Anyways for opinions I was thinking about;;

Yuki from Vampire Knight
Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

But I'm also open for options though I don't want to have someone with curly hair like me. I'm thinking of either a wig or just having to straighten my hair when it comes to having to. So feel free to other suggestions, though I'm more concentrated on the either two from above. :0

I'd love the help anyways. =]

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:07 pm

aww...but I love curly hair :( but you would make a good haruhi

poisoned-rainbows

Post by poisoned-rainbows » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:56 am

Oh, I'm sorry. :(
(but thank you for the suggestion. :3 )
I love to cosplay. :3 If you want to start a group with me or anything hit me up! xD I'm always looking for new ideas and such. :0

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:49 am

Yeah I like it too. Hmm.. If it must be done...Wild Arms 1 Character Cecillia she had worn a coat before similar to the pic on tinypic lol...

Id pic Yuki... Haruhi is nice but well she's great! XD What am I saying those two are purrrfect for you.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

pinkcatmints

Post by pinkcatmints » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:41 am

I think Haruhi is an excellent match too! ^^

You have lovely curls, but I understand you not wanting to cosplay with 'em. I have curly hair too and I would cosplay with it, but it's hard to find characters! Curly hair can be a pain to draw, especially for manga artists with deadlines, so maybe that's why it isn't used much. When I do see it, it's usually a color like pink or something else unnatural, so a wig would probably be needed anyways! Rather frustrating >.<

Though, if I think of a character with long curly hair, can I still suggest them? Because it would be so pretty!
"Lesson Lesson... If you see a stranger, follow him" - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivursky the 4th
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 am

Yeah suggestions are optional.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

poisoned-rainbows

Post by poisoned-rainbows » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

yeah shoot out your suggestions I love them. :3 Oh and that you for the ones you gave too.
I love to cosplay. :3 If you want to start a group with me or anything hit me up! xD I'm always looking for new ideas and such. :0

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:59 pm

[quote="pinkcatmints"] Curly hair can be a pain to draw, especially for manga artists with deadlines, so maybe that's why it isn't used much. When I do see it, it's usually a color like pink or something else unnatural, so a wig would probably be needed anyways! Rather frustrating >.<
quote]

I agree. I have curly hair and encounter the same problem. But I still love my hair just the way it is. :P Sometimes I do cosplays that aren't necessarily curly hair, but have curls, and take an "artistic license" with the hair and just leave it curly. For example, I have worn a princess peach costume and left my hair curly.

poisoned-rainbows

Post by poisoned-rainbows » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:23 am

oh really? that sounds cool. :] but yeah its hard to find a character with curly hair because of it being frustrating to draw. The only time I even saw someone with curly hair is if they only have a curl or two or its just only there for that special episode or part...=\

pinkcatmints

Post by pinkcatmints » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:10 am

Andichan wrote:
pinkcatmints wrote: Curly hair can be a pain to draw, especially for manga artists with deadlines, so maybe that's why it isn't used much. When I do see it, it's usually a color like pink or something else unnatural, so a wig would probably be needed anyways! Rather frustrating >.<
quote]

I agree. I have curly hair and encounter the same problem. But I still love my hair just the way it is. :P Sometimes I do cosplays that aren't necessarily curly hair, but have curls, and take an "artistic license" with the hair and just leave it curly. For example, I have worn a princess peach costume and left my hair curly.
aha, cute! I've been planning a Peach cosplay for a long time-- 'tis a dream cosplay you could say, though I figured that I would wait for Brawl to come out and see if her outfit changed at all and base it after that ^^

---
Anyways, poisoned-rainbows, from the characters with curly hair that I've seen, most have long hair. This is good because you have long hair ^^ I keep mine rather short so I put most curly-haired characters out of mind when considering a character that looks like me >.<
So, I'll keep my mind more open now and tell you if I come up with any ideas. Since I just got into cosplay last summer, I've been gathering ideas this year for future cosplays, so I've been paying a lot of attention to characters and details such as hair, styles, etc. So I know I'll think of something!!......eventually :oops:
"Lesson Lesson... If you see a stranger, follow him" - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivursky the 4th
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu