New to cosplaying...and need ideas!

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
Doduinne

New to cosplaying...and need ideas!

Post by Doduinne » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:16 pm

I've also posted in the "new to cosplay" forum...but I need some ideas for a cosplay. I want to stay relatively simple, since I have never done this before.

I am short (5 foot) and have auburn hair that goes to my shoulder blades (layered, no bangs). I am very curvy, not skinny....but definitely not heavy either. I would like to play a character that would -not- require me to tape my chest down...but it's negotiable. The one thing that bothers me is that I have freckles. For every character I think of...when I think of them with freckles, it just doesn't work anymore.

I figure that the auburn hair is a good thing. I can play either brown haired or red haired characters. But wigs are also an option as well.

I have come up with a couple of characters, but always find something wrong with trying to cosplay them. I thought of Komatsu Nana (NANA), but she doesn't really have a defining outfit, so people wouldn't recognize me and just figured I was a really nicely dressed girl. I also thought about Alexial (Angel Sanctuary)...but her outfits are really complicated. Same problem with Belial (Angel Sanctuary)....so far, the only character I can honestly think I can pull off is Orihime (Bleach)...but she is taller than me, -doesn't- have freckles...and I didn't want to play a character from a VERY popular anime.

Anybody have any other ideas for cosplay? Any ideas for my freckle problem?

purpleladybug

Post by purpleladybug » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 pm

if your freckles are that much of a concern, you can always use body makeup, most drama dept. in school have them and halloween shops. or get alot of liquid makeup from a major retailer and just reapply it.
My tie dye website is http://www.facebook.com/LadybugOriginals

Con schedule for 2012
MTAC
Wonder Girl

AWA
Sakura "GO" Kimono
Psychic Paine fan art from ffx-2
Paine yukata from ffx-2

purpleladybug

Post by purpleladybug » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:48 pm

oh, and suggestions for cosplay....
Naru or Mitsune from Love Hina
Aeris or Yuffie from Final Fantasy vii
Kairi from kingdom hearts
Kazumi Asakura from Negima

Hope that helps!
My tie dye website is http://www.facebook.com/LadybugOriginals

Con schedule for 2012
MTAC
Wonder Girl

AWA
Sakura "GO" Kimono
Psychic Paine fan art from ffx-2
Paine yukata from ffx-2

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:44 pm

It sounds nice! Looking good. Hope those choices are there.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:09 pm

I have been thinking a lot about this one, and while I don't have any specific suggestions, I think you could use the freckles to your advantage. Generally freckles are associated with youth, so any young character would go well. Also, they are considered "natural blush," so any character that is supposed to be shy or blush a lot would work really well. I think something using either of those would be really kawaii!!! :3