Rena Lanford, Star Ocean second story

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Skull Rabbit

Rena Lanford, Star Ocean second story

Post by Skull Rabbit » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:24 am

Okay, im thinking about making it because I have a bunch of extra fabric but I was wondering

because I don't have a lot of money to spare, do you think it will look stupid with purple hair?? because I dont wanna buy a wig and I have purple hair :P

does anyone have good reference pictures?? im talking about second story one, not anime one, they have diff color shades and stuff~~

is the thing around her waist just like a tie up thingy???

heres a reference~? :P the only one I have~!

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:46 am

It looks like just a tie up thingy from the picture but this is the only time I've seen this character so I wouldn't know. But for your question with your hair color, I don't think that it will be that much of a problem. The character's hair isn't too far off from purple and if you're really feeling that anal about it to the point where it bugs you, just dye it blue for that weekend.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:40 am

if you're gonna color your hair, don't use that spray crap. It not only looks bad, but it also feels bad and comes off on everything. Really dye it if you're gonna go blue.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

renalandford2000

Rena costume

Post by renalandford2000 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:17 pm

Okay, The Hair...Yeah a wig would work. Can you actually do your hair like hers? :o Okay, The shirt under it, is a white shirt, you know, a turtle neck with the cuts in the wrists. The skirt is a plain black skirt, with a red belt. The socks are legwarmer-istic. And I dont know about the shoes. The hairclip is easy. OH! And you should add her pendant! You know, If you played the game. :D
Me: Mother, next time we are in Japan, remind me to wear a shiny necklace and fall down a well.
Mother: I DIDNT GO TO JAPAN WITH YOU!?
Me: We didnt go, We just watched Inuyasha, I wanted to make you laugh. Waah. Fluffy.. Well, first one to him gets him!
Mom: I'll trip you!

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:07 pm

Yea, I think a wig would be best. If you have styling questions, go to www.katiebair.com- she has lots of FAQ's and ideas and tutorials.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!