07-GHOST Academy Uniform

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Kamu

07-GHOST Academy Uniform

Post by Kamu » Fri May 29, 2009 6:42 pm

My friend and I are planning to cosplay Teito and Mikage from 07-GHOST this year at Otakon (which is in approximately a month and a half...) in their academy uniforms, but neither of us are sure how to go about recreating that convoluted thing of a jacket, because of the way it buttons.

From what I can tell, it looks like it buttons at the neck, with the collar. Then the left flap comes over and that needs to be buttoned as well. It's probably not as difficult as I'm making it out to be, but I'm a dunce at these things, since I've never made a jacket before, so I'm not really sure how to measure out and mark the fabric for each of the pieces.

Full Front - This is what the full front of the outfit looks like.
Collar - Here's a close-up of the collar that's being blocked by Teito's hand in the previous picture.
Unbuttoned - How the jacket looks when it's open and unbuttoned.

The other thing that's bothering me about the jacket are the ornate little emblems. I can just cut out squares for the smaller ones, but this one troubles me. It's very detailed, and I'm not sure how to make it look three-dimensional, while still using fabric. Any ideas?

I apologize for the trouble, but I would be very grateful if anyone could give any help at all. Thank you!

- Kamu