Make Your Own Boots

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
cuissards

Make Your Own Boots

Post by cuissards » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:34 pm

There seems to be a lot of questions in this forum about boots, since most characters wear them, and some are quite unusual. Over the past 20 years or so I have developed a technique of making virtually any kind of women's boots starting with a pair of wooden or plastic-soled clogs, slides, or sandals. I am in the process of writing up an instructional manual, on CD, with plenty of pictures, about how to do this, and I am looking for people who can help me proof this out. The boots are made mainly from upholstery vinyl, but can be adapted to almost anything. These are real boots, too, not just shoe covers, and can be worn for anything. I've been doing fashion boots, for retro parties, and dance costumes, so they do work.

If you would like to see some pix of older boots or are interested in learning, my CD will be available (when it's done) for free, because I want to pass this method on. Drop me an e-line.
Attachments
BOOTS050.JPG
Pirate boots from about 15 years ago
BOOTS050.JPG (94.54 KiB) Viewed 6915 times

gowngirl

Re: Make Your Own Boots

Post by gowngirl » Sun May 17, 2009 3:42 am

I would love to get a copy of the instructions/cd when you have it completed. email me @ sammartinogowns@live.com

Shukitty

Post by Shukitty » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi, I am trying to make a pair of boots for a costume for halloween. Did you get your CD done yet, or posted on a website? How might I obtain whatever you have done, i'm really struggling, i do not know where to start.

Kei437

Post by Kei437 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm

hi, i need to design a pair of boots for my next cosplay and am having issues. so when everyou finish your tutorial please tell me. thanks.

Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:36 pm

I definitely would love a copy of your CD! I have been having so much trouble designing my own boots and any help at all would be such a relief. :)

thiswonderfulworld

Post by thiswonderfulworld » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I would love a copy of the CD! It sounds like it will be really helpful, as I've always had trouble both finding or making accurate boots.
Thanks so much!

pinkclaymonkey

Post by pinkclaymonkey » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 am

I would LOVE a copy of this as well. You can send this to me @ gwemisa@gmail.com

This would be MOST awesome!

Sword-of-Grayskull

Post by Sword-of-Grayskull » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:34 pm

You mentioned women's boots, but does your CD cover men's boots as well? I need them for a couple of superheroes I'd love to cosplay as ... and well, obviously, I'm a guy. :lol:
"I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org