ears

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
EBWonder

ears

Post by EBWonder » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 am

I've been scouring online for dog ears for a Kotarou Inugami, but all i find are cat ears (in all the wrong colors), floppy dog ears (sigh), and inuyasha dog ears (usually with the wig attached).

So I was thinking about making some...I've seen the posts for the pattern and how to make them, but I'm wondering how to make them so that i can adjust the shape as I cos. I'm thinking wire underframe, but I'm afraid it might tear the fabric.

Wan Wan!

Kuroii

Re: ears

Post by Kuroii » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 am

wire underframes work really well if you use durable enough material and dont pull it way to tight on the frame. fake fur is a good idea cuz it looks pretty good, and you can get it at almost any length you want.
"I hear her voice... Elenor's voice... begging me... not to hate your rotten guts."
- Dyne

EBWonder

Post by EBWonder » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:32 am

I was thinking about using leather cause my Walmart doesn't have fake fur (FTL). are there other vendors for fake fur (I don't need a bolt)?

Kuroii

Post by Kuroii » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:49 am

leather or decent fake leather would work (as long as you dont use the crummy fake stuff, it tends to rip if it touches anything :P) but as for stores that sell fake fur etc, joanns fabrics and crafts is my best friend. they have tons of fabrics and supplies, and you usually dont have to buy a ton if you dont want it. if you dont mind shopping online, then there are several stores you can choose from. www.fabric.com has a good selection of fake fur, but being online the least amount of fabric you can order is half a yard. but it tells you how you should wash the fabric, what its weight is, and other useful facts. another good store is fabric depot, they sometimes have good stuff.
"I hear her voice... Elenor's voice... begging me... not to hate your rotten guts."
- Dyne

my2wings

Post by my2wings » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:38 pm

i used foam cut to how i wanted it then glued wireing around it with hot glued around it (so it was movable ) and then just used that and traced it on fabric and kinda mad a sock to go around it, it worked out really well
hope that helped :D

mangastolemysoul

Post by mangastolemysoul » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am

I'd suggest fun foam. It curves nicely and you can cut it any way you like (you could even glue some fake fur inside)

good luck ^^