Rikku FFX-2. Have you done this one?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
pokadotdpanties

Rikku FFX-2. Have you done this one?

Post by pokadotdpanties » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:47 am

Just wondering if anyone's made this costume before. I want to start making it as soon as possible, but I have to make sure it's within budget & time limits before I go buying materials.

How long did it take you to make this costume? How much did it cost you? Any tips for me?

Thank you!
- <3 -

Panda Pooh

Post by Panda Pooh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:42 am

Yes, I have made this costume before...hmm, I made mine in a couple of hours but that's only because me and my friend thought Momocon was cancelled but it turns out it wasn't so I had to rush to make it...turned out okay...(that was only because of the tornado hitting Atlanta..=.=)

If you are going to try and make her costume, you may wanna check out places like a Thrift Store or somewhere you know is cheap so you can get the basics. (i.e: skirt, top. gloves...)
the beads can come from a beauty supply store. You may also have trouble finding her scarf unless you know a place. I made mine by hand. You can also take material like just normal cloth and put them in the right order. I got my material from walmart (YES, Wal-Mart!!) >.< The sleeve part was a problem for me considering I had to go quickly but you can try to get some sort of strap (so that way it can be adjustable) and some white material. The gloves are normal brown gloves (just cut out the finger parts) The belt I also made from material. I didn't get the pouches but if you can find two pouches that look similar (regardless of the color..you can always spray paint them) get them! You can always hot glue them to the belt. (or however you wanna stick them on) The shoes, I went to the Thrift Store and bought these white boots. I cut them ankle size and added some blue material to make to fold. I also added yellow string in the back because she has a bow back there.

Over all, the cost for me was like $50.00-$65.00. I already had the wig and the bathing suit top. It won't take you long unless you have some time on your hands. Stay on it constanly whenever you can. (Even if you don't feel like it!) If you can't get this done, here's a website that can helpn you by just buying the costume itself:
http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaxiirico.html
Go here. It's $135.00 (I think)...=.= I hope I helped..PM me for more questions! ^-^

Elaïse

Post by Elaïse » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I have maked one too, and for me the problem was the scarf.. I knitted the scarf during a long long time by hand, for the other part, you can find easly the skirt and the bathing suit I think!! Good luck!

pokadotdpanties

Post by pokadotdpanties » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Thank you both!
- <3 -