Mikan assistance! (plz!!)

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Panda Pooh

Mikan assistance! (plz!!)

Post by Panda Pooh » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 am

Hello! I kno I am also asking help for a Tifa costume but now me and my friend are supposed to meet up with a group at AWA for Air Gear and I don't wanna look like "WTH??" I just need to find out how can I do the hair. I CANT dye my own hair pink because my parents will trip! @_@ Soo, I need to figure out how can I make a wig look like Mikans hair...

I don't wanna look really out there by having a different pink hair color and even if I find the hair color, how will I make the style? o.O any suggestions? That would be very appreciated!! ^-^ AWA is next weekend so I'm trying to at least get everything together.

~Thankiez!
Panda Pooh

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 am

ok I don't do wigs but got2bglued is a really good hairspray. Set up the wig on a head, spray and style. Do thin layers and makesure you give the spray time to set. Also trying looking for an online tutorial.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Kawaiipomi

Post by Kawaiipomi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 pm

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?prod ... 471&page=1

This seems like this would be a good base wig. I would get it in the pink they carry would be great.

Remember, if you are spiking a wig, it's best to make sure that it is a thick, high quality wig, or that it is already made to be styled in an upward manner with lift.

Mistress comment about got2bglued is a FREAKING AMAZING hairspray. What i do is i spray and sculpt with my hands straight out or up.

Panda Pooh

Post by Panda Pooh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am

Thank you guys SO much! I had her costume and everything! But the wig is the one thing missing...>.< Um, do you guys know where I may find this hairspray at? o.O

Feytaline

Post by Feytaline » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 pm

You can find got2bglued products at almost any drugstore, wal-mart, or beauty section of your local grocery store. I can't remember what exactly the hairspray bottle's color is, but the gel is a very bright yellow upside-down U-shaped tube. The hair spray should be right by that!

Panda Pooh

Post by Panda Pooh » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:52 am

Itz at Wal-Mart?? AWSOME!! xDDD I can just grab it quickly!!!
Umm, one more question though...(heh-heh) okaiz, can I spray the wig and flip the curls outward by hand? Or do I have to use curlers or something hot to curl it? o.O It's like...she has small little flips everywhere! @_@
Thank ALL of you SO much!

Feytaline

Post by Feytaline » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 am

Wigs aren't like human hair--you almost never want to use heat on one unless you're using that style on that wig permanently and you know exactly what you're doing. too much heat melts the fibers, which is definitely not what you're looking for!

In this case, you can just hold it out by hand or use a rounded brush and it should work fine.