Chest padding construction help needed

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Imalamuya

Chest padding construction help needed

Post by Imalamuya » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Okay, I have an interesting problem. I don't want to tip my hand on the costume as it's a surprise, but enough to say there's a lining and and outer layer.
That said, I need to put in some serious chest padding, especially the breasts. The thigh and arm padding, that I've done and has been no problem. The chest, I've never done, and it's a huge problem.

Has anyone done this before? Due to the sheer bulk and size, the breasts need to be completely false. (Overall it's somewhere around 1-2" average padding!) So, basically I need to construct those between lining and outer layer. I have plenty of soft cell foam, but the stitching and sewing leaves me scratching my head.

Thanks in advance! <3
1008, Activa 210, Evolve, DDL-8700L
You now have machine envy.

Aigis

Post by Aigis » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Um there are bra pads you can get at places like Joann fabrics that you could stitch in there? I'm having trouble visualizing this a tad but maybe this will work?

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 am

Maybe get a really big bra to use as a guide to stuff and overlay instead of trying to sculpt the breast shape from foam.