sailor chibi moon wig

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Post Reply
User avatar
MissAmiMizuno
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm
Contact:

sailor chibi moon wig

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 am

Hello,

I am constructing a sailor chibi moon wig for my little sister for Nan Desu Kan. I am wondering how I can make the cones on top of her head (?) I was thinking about buying some styrofoam and wrapping pink hair around the stryofoam and then glueing it to the actually pigtailed wig but I feel like I am making it much more difficult on myself than it needs to be.

I've got the feather clips and the odangos figured out, I think. So any help with cones would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have been searching all morning for other things and everyone here is so smart and creative ^_^Y

Thanks for any advice!

mrs.tomoe
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:58 am

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 am

You're in luck! Heza-chan just posted pictures of her finished, super cute Chibi Moon costume a few days ago and linked back to her wig tutorial.
http://community.livejournal.com/cosplay/2713908.html

Looks like she used styro eggs for a softer, yet still pointy, effect. Have fun!

User avatar
MissAmiMizuno
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm
Contact:

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 am

mrs.tomoe wrote:You're in luck! Heza-chan just posted pictures of her finished, super cute Chibi Moon costume a few days ago and linked back to her wig tutorial.
http://community.livejournal.com/cosplay/2713908.html

Looks like she used styro eggs for a softer, yet still pointy, effect. Have fun!


Ah! thank you! It's perfect. Now I just need to find some styrofoam egger things...

Really, this was awesome of you! Makes my life a zillion times easier. :)

User avatar
Andichan
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:17 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Andichan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:39 pm

FYI, they sell those at Michael's. (not that you couldn't have guessed that...) :P

User avatar
MissAmiMizuno
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm
Contact:

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Andichan wrote:FYI, they sell those at Michael's. (not that you couldn't have guessed that...) :P


Hehe. Well, I didn't think about it at first actually. I went there on lunch yesterday from work and found some! :D

Thanks for the help mina!

mrs.tomoe
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:58 am

Post by mrs.tomoe » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 pm

You're very welcome! Glad to be of assistance. Hope we'll see pics of your finished costumes & wigs sometime. ^_^

User avatar
MissAmiMizuno
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm
Contact:

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:41 am

mrs.tomoe wrote:You're very welcome! Glad to be of assistance. Hope we'll see pics of your finished costumes & wigs sometime. ^_^


Definitely 8)

Nan Desu Kan is the weekend of September 12, 13, 14 so after that I'll definitely post! I'll be going as Sailor Mercury (surprise!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest