sailor chibi moon wig

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
MissAmiMizuno

sailor chibi moon wig

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 am

Hello,

I am constructing a sailor chibi moon wig for my little sister for Nan Desu Kan. I am wondering how I can make the cones on top of her head (?) I was thinking about buying some styrofoam and wrapping pink hair around the stryofoam and then glueing it to the actually pigtailed wig but I feel like I am making it much more difficult on myself than it needs to be.

I've got the feather clips and the odangos figured out, I think. So any help with cones would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have been searching all morning for other things and everyone here is so smart and creative ^_^Y

Thanks for any advice!

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 am

You're in luck! Heza-chan just posted pictures of her finished, super cute Chibi Moon costume a few days ago and linked back to her wig tutorial.
http://community.livejournal.com/cosplay/2713908.html

Looks like she used styro eggs for a softer, yet still pointy, effect. Have fun!

MissAmiMizuno

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 am

mrs.tomoe wrote:You're in luck! Heza-chan just posted pictures of her finished, super cute Chibi Moon costume a few days ago and linked back to her wig tutorial.
http://community.livejournal.com/cosplay/2713908.html

Looks like she used styro eggs for a softer, yet still pointy, effect. Have fun!

Ah! thank you! It's perfect. Now I just need to find some styrofoam egger things...

Really, this was awesome of you! Makes my life a zillion times easier. :)

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:39 pm

FYI, they sell those at Michael's. (not that you couldn't have guessed that...) :P

MissAmiMizuno

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Andichan wrote:FYI, they sell those at Michael's. (not that you couldn't have guessed that...) :P

Hehe. Well, I didn't think about it at first actually. I went there on lunch yesterday from work and found some! :D

Thanks for the help mina!

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 pm

You're very welcome! Glad to be of assistance. Hope we'll see pics of your finished costumes & wigs sometime. ^_^

MissAmiMizuno

Post by MissAmiMizuno » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:41 am

mrs.tomoe wrote:You're very welcome! Glad to be of assistance. Hope we'll see pics of your finished costumes & wigs sometime. ^_^

Definitely 8)

Nan Desu Kan is the weekend of September 12, 13, 14 so after that I'll definitely post! I'll be going as Sailor Mercury (surprise!)