Rina Toin / Green Pearl Voice - Mermaid Melody Cosplay Help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
SailorWinter

Rina Toin / Green Pearl Voice - Mermaid Melody Cosplay Help

Post by SailorWinter » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:37 am

Okay so I am doing Rina Toin from Mermaid Melody and I am doing her 2nd form as in the pic
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... -Mel-8.jpg

So I need some pointers what patterns would be good for this outfit what material does it look like she is wearing (because I might go for a cotton blend or something)

3rd I have a orange wig that I am wanting to dye with sharpies what color do you suggest that I use to make green with ? or if the orange wig would mess it up completely? If it would what Wig from Cosworx would you recommend for her hair also where would if find shore extensions for the bangs or how do you make the bangs for her hair ?

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Unfortunately, Since red and green are complimentary colours, mixing orange and green will make brown. :( So you will probably have to get a new wig.

StrawberryKitty

Post by StrawberryKitty » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:21 am

Andichan is right. Try going on ebay to look for a wig. Here's a wig i thought might work but you may have to cut and style it a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LONG-FOREST-GREEN-W ... otohosting

There are also many different ones just look up "Long Green Wig" or "Long Green Cosplay Wig"

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
"Life is like a box of chocolates you've get to eat them all before they go stale."
~*i ♥ cHoCoLaTe*~

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 pm

I would say for the material a cotton blend would be great and pretty easy to work with, but if I personally were to make this costume, I would check out the prom and special occasion fabrics at the fabric store to find something a little more shiny (not like metallic, but satiny).

And lalala this person has a few wig tutorials, if you scroll down a bit you will find the one on how to do bangs! (if you happen to get a wig w/o them):

http://hemuloki-sama.livejournal.com/

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Satin would look nice or something muted, possibly an organza over it to give it an airy look.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.