Sailor V Help?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
DarkBambi

Sailor V Help?

Post by DarkBambi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Due to a suggestion from my boyfriend, and my eternal love of Sailor Moon, I've decided that I want to cosplay Sailor V in October. The problem is, I've never done a serious cosplay before (I was Neo Queen Serenity when I was about ten, but I was just a kid) and I can't sew to save my life. My mother can, however, and she's pretty crafty, so I'm sure she'd help me.

Now, to my question. I can figure out the skirt, gloves, shoes, and crescent. I'm even cool with the hair, since I already have long blonde hair. However, it's the shirt, collar, bow, and shoulder armor I believe I'll have a hard time with. If anyone has any advice for those, it would be much appreciated. Or if anyone knows where I can find some free patterns or tutorials and such. We're cheap, majorly, else I'd just try to buy the whole thing and save all the work, hehe.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1481 ... napyf5.jpg

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:57 am

For the shoulder armour, I would say use craft foam (tutorial here):
http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costum ... sdeep.html

For the bow, there was a tutorial posted previously on ACP:
viewtopic.php?t=5813&highlight=pre+tied+obi

DarkBambi

Post by DarkBambi » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Ah, thank you! My mom uses craft foam a lot, I don't know why I didn't think of it for that, hehe. And thank you for the bow tutorial! I looked through the old topics to see first, but I missed it somehow.

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01 pm

That's ok, the only reason I knew it was there was because I read it previously.

Sailor collars, while a staple in cosplay, are surprisingly hard to find info on. :/ A lot of people on here have posted asking questions about how to do them, and as of yet it doesn't seem like there is anything helpful posted.