paint on cotton

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
bluepaws25

paint on cotton

Post by bluepaws25 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am

ok i am making an alt ver of Rinoa from Final Fantasy 8, it's the one that if she where to be in kingdom hearts...i'm making it out of blue cotton and so far it looks so pretty...but i have to put a wing on the back of the tank topish shirt and on the side things
http://features.cgsociety.org/galleryim ... medium.jpg
and i'm not sure how to go about...
do i use paint, and what kind should i use if i'm using a normal brush to paint it on?...
or what should i use?
trying to find help, trying to give help, trying to be sane while dealing with cosplay

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed May 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Fabric paint will work for what you want, JoAnn's or any fabric/craft store should carry it.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:23 am

Just use fabric paint, I use one that is about $0.99 and I works really well ^^"

Be sure to have at least two brushes: a large one for even strokes and a smaller one for the edge (it helps the design to look sharper and more accurate)
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:47 am

It looks more like an applique to me, but those can be hard to do sometimes w/rounded edges...so do whatever you think would turn out best, paint/applique.

If you want to try applique, this website is a pretty simple and straightforward way to do it:

http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/07/tu ... iques.html

(some of the quilting websites get a little crazy with the sewing terms)