Need Help Making a Costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!

Need Help Making a Costume

Post by Mokotofoxgirl11 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:26 am

Hey all... so ya my brother wants to be Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin but i dont know where to start with it so if ANY one could help please do i have plenty of time to make it.... Thank you all in advance

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 am

What part are you having trouble on? What advice do you need? Is there a piece inparticular that is giving you trouble.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. for the quick and easy kimono purchase. to see some of my work.

Post by Katasha » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:33 am

Well its not to hard of the costume so dont worry! You can do it!

For the top I do love the folkwear pattern you can get for kimono's but if you arnt willing to dish out the money there are easier ones you can get at any fabric store.

a pattern like this or anyone like it from Simplicity, McCalls or Butterick will work fine but you will have to alter the sleeve. This is how tou alter the pattern I did this for Kikyo so I dont think you will want it as long. 14" or less would do. ... 01_1_b.jpg ... sleeve.jpg

And thats the pattern to make the traditional Hakama pants. Theres also a pattern on the net, I have used both and I like this one much more.

Post by Aigis » Sat May 03, 2008 10:24 am

Hehe I remember that pattern for when I made my Shinigami yoruichi hakama. It's very good and worked well for me. It took a lot of trials and errors though...but that's because I'm a terrible seamstress. =(