Need help with a secret cosplay.... o:!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Ouka-chan

Need help with a secret cosplay.... o:!

Post by Ouka-chan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:38 am

So, I have this super-secret costume I'm doing, but I can tell you I need help. What's the best material to make a guitar out of without looking too cheesy? I'm trying to run on the low side of prices, because I'm a poor, poor college student.... XD;;
I'm inclined to possibly try making it out of foamcore, seeing as I have a sheet left still. but, any advice/tips someone can give me?
~Anti Yay~ x:
*is also on SCMB & Kumori Forums*

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:24 pm

That sounds like it would work with posibbly a plastic sheeting to reenforce it.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Ouka-chan

Post by Ouka-chan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:04 am

Misstress Testament wrote:That sounds like it would work with posibbly a plastic sheeting to reenforce it.
Ok, I think I know some people with some scrap wonderflex...or something.... :D thanks for the tip.
~Anti Yay~ x:

Aigis

Post by Aigis » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:12 pm

You can see the guitar I made for Um Jammer Lammy in my gallery. I used rigid insulation foam and foam board, then painted it. I mean, mine looks cheesy but it's supposed to look that way in the game...because that game is weird. :lol:

Ouka-chan

Post by Ouka-chan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Aigis wrote:You can see the guitar I made for Um Jammer Lammy in my gallery. I used rigid insulation foam and foam board, then painted it. I mean, mine looks cheesy but it's supposed to look that way in the game...because that game is weird. :lol:
HAHAHA, Um Jammer Lammy is awesome lols.....
And I actually got it figured out nows. :D I might actually try a couple things and take the one I like better. Since both ways I've got are inexpensive.
~Anti Yay~ x:

Aigis

Post by Aigis » Sat May 03, 2008 5:09 pm

That's great! I hope to see it sometime, I bet it will look awesome! :lol: