Tohru Honda and Kyo Sohma

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
CrazyPenguinLord

Tohru Honda and Kyo Sohma

Post by CrazyPenguinLord » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi, my boyfriend and I are cosplaying as Kyo and Tohru for MomoCon this year, and I've been having a lot of trouble finding information on making the costumes. This is our second time cosplaying (we were Pucca and Garu at AWA *woot*), so I'm not a total newbie, but this will be my first time making the costumes from scratch. If anyone knows of any tutorials or anything, please let me know!! Thanks :mrgreen:

I'm doing the winter uniform for Tohru:
http://www.limebarb.com/commissions/cos ... /char2.jpg

and this one for Kyo:
http://www.amazon.com/Fruits-Basket-Jap ... 208&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Fruits-Basket-Vol ... 208&sr=8-2
(I know it's Yuki, but it's the same uniform)

Thanks again!!

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 pm

hmmmm if you can get a hold of a Gosu Rori often they ahve patterns in them. It's in Japanese so if you don't read it it can take a while to decipher.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am

my suggestion would be to wait until Joann's (or Hancock's, Beverly's, etc.) has their patterns on sale. I'm not sure how it works for other places, but I know Joann's has patterns on sale for $2 like every other week. Then when they do, comb through their pattern books for stuff that looks similar to what you are making. That way you will have actual instructions as to how to make whatever it is you are working on. They won't ever have EXACTLY what you are looking for, but what I always do is find something close then experiment on some cheap/leftover fabric from another project until you figure out how to do it. So far I have not been able to find any patterns with sailor collars, so I think you will just have to play around with that one. Also, whenever possible, save yourself some work. If you can find some blue slacks that will work for your bf at goodwill, use those and make a shirt out of similar-coloured fabric. this may seem like a daunting task, but the more you work, the easier future projects will be. :D

lolirancar_ririnetto

Post by lolirancar_ririnetto » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 pm

If you're worried it won't come out well, perhaps buy your costume and then experiment, if you make it well enough wear the one you made to show it off -shrugs-
Looking for new cosplay ideas and new friends! Ohyes.