.Hack Ouka costume help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Jadephox

.Hack Ouka costume help

Post by Jadephox » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 am

Okay I have a million questions about this cosplay, because it's basically my first one that I'll be 'making.' (I'll have a bit of help from my friend's mom.)
Ouka from .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, manga version. It took me forEVER to find some reference pictures for this character, and they're still not wonderful. I have the manga so I have those pictures, but no scanner. xD; For some reason I couldn't find manga scans online....
Anyways, here they are:
This is a fanart of basically the exact same picture of her entrance in the manga: Ouka
Better view of accessories: OukaAccessories
Collar closeup: Collar
And here's a picture of a cosplayer who did an awesome job: http://melskie.deviantart.com/art/Ouka-2-67106981
I'm pretty sure she's on cosplay.com, but I tried contacting her and no answer.

I plan on buying white hot pants rather than a bikini bottom because it'd make me feel a tiny bit more comfortable.
And now questions:
1. Should I MAKE the collar and just buy a D-ring? Where should I get a good material for a collar?
2. The fur. I found this: Material but I've never purchased anything from there, so if any one can recommend it, or if you've bought some faux fur from somewhere else, please post it.
3. Her giant boa thing, should I like... stuff it with something? XD Suggestions on how to do that please?
4. Fur boots. no idea how to do that. I've seen it done, but how? And how to add the claws too?
5. Her markings on her arm and leg don't show all the way around in the book, they basically just show the front with the oval and a smaller oval in it then an almost diamond shape on the side, but I can't find any back views. What should I do for that? And what color should I make it? I was thinking dark blue, but the previously mentioned cosplayer made it red. ? Also, I was thinking of doing it in sharpie since it won't rub off onto stuff. good idea?
6. I don't really know how to do the belts on her stomach. no ideas at all. Help?

Whoo. So I think I can find a bikini top, white hot pants, the hand spikes and the ones on the leg, a wig, ears aaand earrings.. think that covers it.

Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:07 pm

I live for this... I'm a people watcher.

1.Find a fabric you like cut a strip 2 inches wider than the size you want. On the back side cut a Interfacing and Cotton backing that is the size you want, fold the extra inch over on either side and glue/fuse tape it into place trim off the excess and away you go (the cotton will saze your life as it draws moisture into itself and away from you seriously helping to keep you cooler and less chaffing/discomfort.

2. Go to Jo Anns or a local fabric shop often they will have the fur and you won't have to wait, pay shipping, and often there is a sale.

3. I wouldn't say stuff it but if you want it as a Posable boa run heavy floralwire (or something a kin to that) through it.

4. only a suggestion , spats, shoe covers basically. a fur sock if you will over heels (for once clear heels are useful). just makesure you cut out a hole for the heel and the ball of the shoe, keep it in place with double stick or ties.

5. body paint or liquid latex. For the body paint you can often get a clear finishing power( makeup powder) and the will make it more smear resistant. Matte makes it look like it is part of the skin :)

6. I would need to see the back but offhandedlyeither a figure eight piece of fabric connected to the back of the outfit or two loops that connect to a center diamond buckle.

Hope some of this helps and remember You Can Do It! :D
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.