Temari Fan

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Lyzi_Kira

Temari Fan

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:45 pm

I plan on cosplaying as Temari from Naruto and I need help on creating the fan. I have NO idea where to start or how big it has to be, or what materials to use. So if anyone has done noe before, or knows how to or has a site with a how-to guide, it will be highly appreciated *bows*
Tears that drown my heart... Tears that feed my soul. Tears... the language of my love for you.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Take a good picture of the fan with the support planks. find the proper Angle that each is at, and how many planks. You could go full out and get Bamboo slivers, or use cheap Pine planks, either way; place them all down and drill a hole for your pivot. Place a bolt with Washers between each plank aas to not destroy the wood. Place the planks in a fan pattern at the desired angle and staple the fabric to the planks.

Any fabric you feel comfortable useing will work. Make sure to sand off any burs off the wood to avoid tearing.

Lyzi_Kira

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:18 pm

but, if I place the fabric on it, will it still close? even though it's not bent?
Tears that drown my heart... Tears that feed my soul. Tears... the language of my love for you.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Use a fabric paint and you should be fine.
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.

Lyzi_Kira

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:10 am

fabric paint.. gotcha ^_^ thanks