Kagura Sohma

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
TastyLumpia

Kagura Sohma

Post by TastyLumpia » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:14 pm

I'm planning on cosplaying as Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket at Otakon next year, and I need a little help.

Here are some screencaps of Kagura. I want to make the green dress in the top half of the page.
Screencaps

I've been looking at patterns aaaand....

If you click the thumbnail, it's the bottom right... This is a shirt, but the neckline and sleeves are perfect. I'd have to make it more formfitting and add the bottom skirt section.

This is a pretty cute dress, but I'd still have to make it more formfitting and puff up the sleeves a bit.

Click the thumbnail... The bottom left one... I'd have to puff up the sleeves, shorten the skirt, and of course add the dreaded pleats.

So which pattern should I go with? They'd all have to be altered to add the pleats. Is there anyone who's made this costume and can give me some pointers?

o0nekochan0o

Post by o0nekochan0o » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:21 pm

I'd go with the 3739 one. It looks the most like the dress itself and formfitting the dress really wouldn't be too hard. After that you can just attach the long white sleeve part directly under the green sleeve part when your done. ^^

Technopoptart

Post by Technopoptart » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:54 pm

None of those... try this one... i use it for the 3 commisioned kaguras i made and the one for my friend

http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=3606

the design is simplistic.
the skirt comes in 2 lengths and this is the effect you get... ( its my buddy jesse LOL she is kagura.)

the second dress you listed
or combine 3606 with

narravy

Post by narravy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:32 am

in the 3 pattern, 3739 is close