Totally Confused First-Timer

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Mia The Cat

Totally Confused First-Timer

Post by Mia The Cat » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:10 am

Yeah. I want to make a costume of Macha/Maha from .hack//SIGN, but I don't have any idea where to even begin. Can anybody help me?

This is a link to some pictures. Best I could find. Here... >_<;;
Ummm... Hi.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:06 pm

I started to write a response but it turned out too long. I'll put it on my site for you.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:09 pm

Mia The Cat

Ummm...

Post by Mia The Cat » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:18 pm

Well, do you know where I could get purple paint? And, how do you suggest making the fur look purple? I've just never done this before, and I don't wanna screw the whole thing up. I need something to do over the summer, so I thought that this would be a cool thing, and I could get a jump start on Halloween. I love safety pins. Lol.
Ummm... Hi.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:15 pm

hmm you mean purple face paint? I would wait until halloween and then go to target or walmart or something and look around for a cheap halloween makeup kit thing, or you can look online (I had a site bookmarked but I can't find it anywhere) for clown makeup or something- depends on how much you want.

you might be able to find purple fur at the craft store, or maybe you could dye it... (don't know if you'd want to do that, considering you'd have a lot of leftover dye...)

I think you could mix (the cheap bottle-y kind, not the tube-y kind) acrylic paint to the right colour, put on rubber gloves (or not) and mash the paint into the fur, then prod it with your fingers to make it look less smooth (i.e. comb or ruffle the fur sorta) and leave it to dry in the ear shape (it'll be hard when it dries).

I don't know how that'll work (I just made it up off the top of my head ^^; ) but you can try it

I wish you luck

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:58 am

The fur looks to be a fairly light purple. You might be able to use Katie Bair's wig tinting spray on white fur since it's made for synthetic fibers, it's permanent color, and it's not supposed to make the fibers hard. No idea whether it'd actually work correctly though. ^^;;

Mia The Cat

Okay

Post by Mia The Cat » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:07 am

Ummm.... Any suggestions on the paws...?
Ummm... Hi.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:20 am

I would just go for (probably cotton, maybe fur) gloves... fur would be really hot though.