How do you make yuna's(ff-2) braid thing in her hair?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Vegetto's Girl

How do you make yuna's(ff-2) braid thing in her hair?

Post by Vegetto's Girl » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:04 pm

please help me.
I am a rurouni and will always be one
My web-
http://everythinganime1.tripod.com/
Costumes I Have Made/Cosplayed-
-Kaoru Kamiya
-Rikku in a kimono(original design)
-Rikku trainer
-Yuna-grunner
In Proggres
-Beserker Rikku 10% done
eternal sailor moon

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:21 pm

FFX2? Looks to bee a long tail wraped in some red ribbon, with a tiger's tail at the end.

Find maybe a red whip and add horse hair to the end? you can sorten the length by cutting the ends, but be sure to secure the ends with something so the whip doesn't un-wrap. you can eith attact it useing a nechlace of some sort. She appears to have some cape like thind around her neck, maybe conseal it that way? This could be painfull, but cool. Glue it on the back of your hair. I had the smae thing done when I had a hair wrap with 4 inches, it wasn't that bad. Although the weight and length it may be harsh and hard. :shock:

Vegetto's Girl

Post by Vegetto's Girl » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:32 pm

FFX2? Looks to bee a long tail wraped in some red ribbon, with a tiger's tail at the end.

Find maybe a red whip and add horse hair to the end? you can sorten the length by cutting the ends, but be sure to secure the ends with something so the whip doesn't un-wrap. you can eith attact it useing a nechlace of some sort. She appears to have some cape like thind around her neck, maybe conseal it that way? This could be painfull, but cool. Glue it on the back of your hair. I had the smae thing done when I had a hair wrap with 4 inches, it wasn't that bad. Although the weight and length it may be harsh and hard
not that the beeded one in her hair. i already made the red thing. it is the blue bead thing.Image
I am a rurouni and will always be one
My web-
http://everythinganime1.tripod.com/
Costumes I Have Made/Cosplayed-
-Kaoru Kamiya
-Rikku in a kimono(original design)
-Rikku trainer
-Yuna-grunner
In Proggres
-Beserker Rikku 10% done
eternal sailor moon

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:14 pm

I think you can order them pretty cheaply online- otherwise use beads and a cheap white-bristle paintbrush for the blue part- just leave blue paint in it, then wash it out after a while- the paint'll stain the bristles. Make sure that the bristles are white, though, or it'll have no effect.

My friend cp-ed as yuna, and the monofilament cord nearly cut her ear off (not really, but it was really inflamed) so make a loop of clear elastic and hang it off your ear.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:52 am

You could go to one of those Hair beeders at Amusement parks, or anyone who beeds and braides hair, then dye the end of your hair blue.

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:26 am

I have seen it done in two ways. One way is the cosplayer has someone braided their hair with hair wraps. Another is thay purchase a already beaded hair strand and clip it to their hair.

When I look at the pictue they look more like beads strung on her hair than a braid. You can actually us a hair beading kit to get that effect cheaply. You can purchase those kinds of beads if there is a custom beac store near your place. It looks like three detailed large beads and two pearl size blue beads and one oval bead at the end.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:42 pm

you could make it on your own, but from a lazy cosplayer's point of view, just check Ebay out. I know that's what I say is the answer to everything, but really, they have a great amount of those Yuna hair bead things.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

RottenOnion

Post by RottenOnion » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:24 pm

Here's a guide to make one from Final Fantasy Cosplay, it's good!:
http://www.finalfantasycosplay.it/

just go to the Costume Guides and it's be called "how to make Yuna' braid"

or infact just try to see if this link works

http://ffcosplay.free.fr/rec_braid_yuna.htm
"Quick! Fill in the blanks!"
LJ

Naomi99

blue-beaded thingy

Post by Naomi99 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:13 am

Konnishi Wa, (Hi)
If you are willing to spend $8, there are a ton of those things
being sold on Ebay right now. Personally, I think it's an awesome deal.

Hope you find what you need!

-Naomi99
Don't hate me because I'm
so darn cute!!!

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:29 pm

umm..unless I am missing somthing or mis understanding the " blue braid thing"( please correct me if I am wrong ^_^)...its not a braid its an earring.
http://www.ffsymphony.net/tracklists/im ... 10feel.jpg

^_^
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:35 pm

sorry that link was screwed.
here we go.
http://www.creativeuncut.com/media/ff10-yuna4.jpg

and if that link only comes up to the home site, just click on multimedia, and then find FF X
the picture is there, its all in blue. and in the middle of the gallery.
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!