Byakuya

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Lyzi_Kira

Byakuya

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:34 pm

I want to cosplay as Byakuya for Comicon cause I love his looks, attitude and his whole personality. But I have no idea where to start, and the thing that is bothering me most is the hair. I have no idea how I'm going to make my hair like that, with the clips or whatever he has in his har... please help!!!
Tears that drown my heart... Tears that feed my soul. Tears... the language of my love for you.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:18 am

First of all, do you plan to use your natural hair or a wig? A friend of mine cosplayed as Byakuya (from Bleach right?) and she made those triangular thingies from cardcoard and painted them white. She slid those in place and secured them with clips. She used a wig, so she put on a bit of hairspray and whatelse and make sure the tubes stay put. I think she used really thin chain you can find in craft store for the rest of the net looking thingy...

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense...good luck!
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

Lyzi_Kira

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 pm

heh, thanks Amiya. I am going to use my real hair, cause it will already be black for itachi so i might as well keep it black for byakuya. Um the only question I have is... what is that thin chain stuff you were talking about??
Tears that drown my heart... Tears that feed my soul. Tears... the language of my love for you.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:47 am

Sorry if my last comment was really confusing, I meant like those chains you can buy by the feet/yard (I forgot which) at hardware/jewelry/craft stores. They are normally used as necklaces? My friend bought several feet, cut them into pieces and arranged them in the net style of Byakuya and attached the pieces together.

Oh, you could also try using aluminum foil for the triangle tubes --> they are very easy to secure...

Lyzi_Kira

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 pm

lol, that's clearer. Thanks i'll try that. I think I'll make the shinigami robes and then I can use them for any shinigami, the only thing I'll have to do for captains is make the captain cloak and then make velcro signs, for each number they control. and then dye my hair and get their sword.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:02 am

Shinigami robes are really easy to make (and the captain cloak too), so you have nothing to worry about ^_^

From your convention list, you're going to AN '08? Maybe I will see you there ^_^

Good luck!

Lyzi_Kira

Post by Lyzi_Kira » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Yup I'm going, I should be Itachi though. =3 and Byakuya will be for FanExpo 2008 =D