problem with ashe wedding dress (ff12)

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
mylovingcosplay

problem with ashe wedding dress (ff12)

Post by mylovingcosplay » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:45 am

I got a problem on my wedding dress , the two things on each side are not like ashe's one, they awfully fall down....
I tried iron thread (hope it means something) inside the dress but it doesn't work and if it stays any longer my fabric will be torn

so do you have an idea ?

here is my ashe's skirt: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1216374

and closer you see the thing on the left
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1216373
Last edited by mylovingcosplay on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Can you show a reference picture of what the dress is supposed to look like?

What you made is very pretty, but we can't offer advice if we don't know what you're trying to achieve. :)

mylovingcosplay

Post by mylovingcosplay » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:17 am

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:43 am

Ok, that's an incredible design. :shock:

I think the best way to get the effect you want is to make a special petticoat that will support your skirts properly without putting stress on the fabric of your dress. It's a similar idea to the examples on this page except that the "poof" would be more slender and go mainly around the bottom: Victorian petticoats. You could use strong fabric and steel or plastic boning to make the right shape, then your dress would just sit on top of this structure. Of course, you'll also need to incorporate some padding over the "skeleton" to soften it and allow your dress to appear smooth (quilt batting or thick felt maybe).

Good luck with the costume. It's very beautiful, and I'm sure you'll look amazing.

mylovingcosplay

Post by mylovingcosplay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 am

ok I'll will try if the starch doesn't work because your methd seems pretty difficult.
I was wondering if putting strong sheets of white lightweight felt could be easier

*B*

Post by *B* » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:42 am

*gah* Final Fantasy costuming is getting too hard!!!

If you're willing to try starching it, I would suggest getting some good heavy interfacing and lining to bits you need to stick out with that. Then if you do need to result to boning, the fabric will be easier to keep stiff in betwwen boning.

*mutters about Final Fantasy costumes*
Proud Member of Ichidan
www.ichidan.com

Ichidan No Senpai
Kaoru in Kingdom Hearts: Another Side
Winry Rockbell in Full Metal Alchemist
Skuld in Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War