Grimmjow cosplay

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
missus_mara

Grimmjow cosplay

Post by missus_mara » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:51 am

lol. I need to know how to bind my size BB boobs down yet make it appear as if I don't have any bindings.
In other words, I'm going to cosplay Grimmjow from Bleach.

I need it to appear as if I have a bare male chest.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Last edited by missus_mara on Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:54 am

Wrap some gauze or Ace bandage to press them down.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:50 pm

BB? Is that like a C? If so, it may be difficult to bind your chest without it showing.

I'm thinking you should cover sensitive bits with gauze, then tape them back (as opposed to flattening them or smashing them down) with some kind of surgical tape? I guess you could use duct tape or masking tape too, but that'd be hella painful (and masking tape might stop sticking). Medical bandage (they use it in hospitals, dunno the exact name) tape holds to skin really well, just be careful about sensitive areas like I said or you may wind up removing more than just the tape when you're done. Also, used double-stick tape to hold the shirt to your skin right at the edge, so you don't see the binding tape.

If you don't want to go down that road, I think an Ace bandage would work fine, and just make it look like the character has an injury or something. O_o

Good luck!
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

missus_mara

Post by missus_mara » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 am

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to see if they work for this.

Now, I have another slew of questions, lol.

Here's a reference picture of the character I'm going to cosplay. Grimmjow Jaggerjack from Bleach.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/62013924/

Here are the problems I'm having with the costume:

1)Teal Hair - I can bleach and dye my hair teal, but I'd like to avoid putting my hair through that kind of damage, yet, it's probably the only way to color my hair teal without making it look all crackily and stiff and "spray-painted". Is there another way to color my naturally black hair completely teal while still keeping it's soft natural appearance?

2)Jawbone - I'm going to make the jawbone out of Sculpy polymer clay which is considerably more lightweight than the clay used for pottery, less brittle(therefore less likely to shatter when dropped). I like the look of it, more ceramic-like, than maybe crayola model magic airdrying clay.

3)Hole and Tattoo - There's a hole in the middle of Grimmjow's stomach and a tattoo of a six on his back. I need an ink or paint to draw those on, something that will not come off easily.