Riku Keyblade from KHII! Help please!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
shattered_heart
Location: Texas (Ya know I'm less then an hour away from the A-kon. YA!)

Riku Keyblade from KHII! Help please!

Post by shattered_heart » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:52 am

Can anybody tell me how to make a Riku Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts II? The Keyblade looks like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ade%29.jpg Please help! Never made Detailed Keyblade like this before! Can anybody tell me a good spray or gel that can style a wig as well? ------ New Cosplayer (With a bit of an idea of how to do things, just not keyblades :lol: )
HAIL ME!
L: Five percent chance you are retarded.
Riku: Haha! Good one!
Me: Pff.. Smart butts.

Tobi: I'm a good boy!

Axel: It's Axel. A-X-E-L, Got it Memorized?

xXDark_LunaXx

Post by xXDark_LunaXx » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 pm

...hmm...I remember me trying to do this keyblade..xD well, some people use the foam stuff...the thing is..you don't wanna make the keyblade so heavy that even YOU won't be able to pick it up...y'know? So try to go for some type of light weight material..as far as the designs..I say that you should spray the keyblade black then hand paint the rest yourself...

shattered_heart
Location: Texas (Ya know I'm less then an hour away from the A-kon. YA!)

Post by shattered_heart » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 am

I know. I was thinking of wood, and some other kind of material, but I don't want it to break easily. *thinks of how to do design now*
HAIL ME!
L: Five percent chance you are retarded.
Riku: Haha! Good one!
Me: Pff.. Smart butts.

Tobi: I'm a good boy!

Axel: It's Axel. A-X-E-L, Got it Memorized?

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:14 am

shattered_heart wrote:I know. I was thinking of wood, and some other kind of material, but I don't want it to break easily. *thinks of how to do design now*
I would probably use some kinda plywood there... o.o I have seen Soras keyblades that are made of it and my friend made Axels chakrams of plywood ^-^
but of course it will be flat then ^^''

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:48 pm

I can make it fairly light weight with tanked sturdyness.

But go with White Pine, it's very sturdy and if you do it correctly, it'll weigh in around 5lb.