Skirt Pattern Help... >.<

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
chloechan

Skirt Pattern Help... >.<

Post by chloechan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:44 pm

I REALLY NEED a pattern for Haruhi Suzumiya's School Unifrom Skirt.

I have be to SEVERAL thrift shops in hope of finding one, but have had no luck so far.

I have also been to a few different fabric stores and look through pattern books, and the patterns for skirts that i'd end up altering anyway, are 20 dollars.

Here's a picture of the skirt. I'm sorry it's not very good, even though the series is popular, this is one of the only pictures I could find when you can actually see the skirt.

Any help at all is VERY MUCH appreciated. ^_^

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:01 pm

You might try a cheerleading pattern from Simplicity, #3689.
http://simplicity.com/assets/3689/3689.jpg

The green & yellow one in the center of the picture looks close enough to Haruhi's skirt, and you'd just need to add belt loops and the belt. Go to the Simplicity site and enter 3689 into their search feature to see the details on that pattern. It's a decent, basic one that can be useful for other costumes too.

Joann Fabric often runs $1.99 sales on patterns; in fact, my new flyer says from July 12-14, Simplicity will be $1.99, and next week, it'll be Butterick for that price. During those type of sales is when I usually stock up. Walmart always sells patterns cheaper than their printed price, too. Good luck!

Weale

Re: Skirt Pattern Help... >.<

Post by Weale » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:49 pm

The uniform patterns look so cute. I'm wondering if there are more types of dresses available? I want to see diversity. I can be a dress model. smash karts

Accodis

Re: Skirt Pattern Help... >.<

Post by Accodis » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:55 pm

Great! Totally an idea for me when I wanted to do some designs octordle