Soras keyblade?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Duckeyy

Soras keyblade?

Post by Duckeyy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Hey! Im going to cosplay Sora from KH2 and i dont have any idea how to make the keyblade! I cant buy it anywhere so i have to make one... Has anyone ever made one or know how to make it? I really need help... ;-;

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:03 pm

I make them, and Sell them. Can you get a pic of what one you want to make?

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 am

Sterling wrote:I make them, and Sell them. Can you get a pic of what one you want to make?
Sorry, cant buy one. Would cost too much since we live in different countries... ^^''

i need help with that keyblade

shattered_heart
Location: Texas (Ya know I'm less then an hour away from the A-kon. YA!)

Post by shattered_heart » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 pm

Perhaps.. Like those little plastic pipes? And wood? SUPER Glue? I have made a keyblade billions of times, it's a really simple design. Just a takes bit of time. And then paint. Painting is fun. x3
HAIL ME!
L: Five percent chance you are retarded.
Riku: Haha! Good one!
Me: Pff.. Smart butts.

Tobi: I'm a good boy!

Axel: It's Axel. A-X-E-L, Got it Memorized?

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:14 pm

There's a tutorial:
http://cosplaywiki.org/index.php/Keyblade

...on a wiki for cosplay! I didn't realize it was really underway and has gotten over 200 articles posted.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:19 pm

shattered_heart wrote:Perhaps.. Like those little plastic pipes? And wood? SUPER Glue? I have made a keyblade billions of times, it's a really simple design. Just a takes bit of time. And then paint. Painting is fun. x3
PVC pipe?
I'd just go with a dowel rod.

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 am

thanks everyone ^^ i think i will make it from wood :3 sounds easier to use than some PVC pipe to me xD and i think the paint will stay better, but not sure of course ^^''

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 pm

If you sand PVC pipe paint can stick, but it's hollow and plastic. You'll have both ends with an opening and it's fairly fragile when using it like that

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:38 pm

hm... but if i use PVC pipe i dont know how to attach the keypart and the handgurads... o.o in wood i could only like drill holes and glue there little dowels which holds them x]

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:40 am

If you insist; try filling the PVC with "Great stuff" Expanding foam. This will help resonate the vibrations for a possible crack and make it mch sturdier without addind 5lbs

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:22 am

Hm.... True, it would be lighter if i used the PVC pipe and filled it with the expanding foam but it would cost more than keyblade made of wood. Expanding foams are expensive .__.''
and then i have to figure out how i attach the mickeys head and the chain...

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Duckeyy wrote:Hm.... True, it would be lighter if i used the PVC pipe and filled it with the expanding foam but it would cost more than keyblade made of wood. Expanding foams are expensive .__.''
If you're more comfortable with wood, use wood. This particular keyblade doesn't have that many components compared to some others so it's unlikely to get heavy. There's also nothing to prevent you from using a combo of wooden dowel/closet rod for handle and main support with PVC sleeve added for the wider white/silver part.

Duckeyy

Post by Duckeyy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:28 am

mrs.tomoe wrote:
Duckeyy wrote:Hm.... True, it would be lighter if i used the PVC pipe and filled it with the expanding foam but it would cost more than keyblade made of wood. Expanding foams are expensive .__.''
If you're more comfortable with wood, use wood. This particular keyblade doesn't have that many components compared to some others so it's unlikely to get heavy. There's also nothing to prevent you from using a combo of wooden dowel/closet rod for handle and main support with PVC sleeve added for the wider white/silver part.
yeah, ure right. I will go with the wood :mrgreen: :wink: