I NEED help with making Karin from Kamichama Karin's Crown.

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
chloechan

I NEED help with making Karin from Kamichama Karin's Crown.

Post by chloechan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:50 pm

I need help making Karin from Kamichama Karin's Crown when she is in her goddess form.

I'm assuming I'll need wire but I'm cluless about the rest. ^^;

After shifting through thousands of scans, this picture is the best I could find. ^^;

Time doesn't matter, I don't need to have the costume finished until about a week before the convention. (mainly because I want to get peoples opinions on it before the convention so I can modify anything that may look weird)

Any help at all would be VERY helpful. ^^

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:09 am

I would think the easiest way to make it would be to first make a loop that fits around your head. Twist the ends of the wire together, or loop them (so that the two loops hook together). You could even solder or glue them together (with jewellry glue). Once you have the loop, start at the back and wrap one end of the rest of the wire around the crown base, then form one of the spikes. At the end of that spike, wrap the wire around the base a couple of times, and keep going. Alternatively, when you wrap after a spike, wrap it back underneath, and then loop across it to make the next one (like in your picture).

I made a picture! Here!

I would suggest heading to a hardware store and grabbing some heavy gauge wire, or an art store and grabbing some heavy armature wire. Remember, the smaller the gauge number, the thicker the wire.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:31 pm

Get some Wire at a craft store, and use needle nose plyers with fabric wraped around it to protect the wire.

chloechan

Post by chloechan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Okay!

Thank you soooooooo much! ^_^