A little help finding something.....

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
RainyDayRainbow

A little help finding something.....

Post by RainyDayRainbow » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi everyone! I'm making the Sailor Pluto time Key (as posted earlier in this topic) and i was wondering if someone could tell me wherd i'd be able to find a 6 foot dowel rod. I've been searching but only able to find 3 foot ones. So if anyone know's where i could find one it'd be a great help ^^ Thanks much!

~Michiko

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Home Depot? Lowe's? Anyplace that sells stuff for renovating/decorating a house should have some. Think curtain rods or broom handles.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:32 am

I think the wooden rods that go for hanging clothes in the closet would be long enough. They're usually thicker too so I dunno whether that'd be a problem. Otherwise, you might have to put 2 shorter rods together with a special screw that's threaded on both ends. Just make sure you can drill straight into the end of each rod, or they'll be crooked when they meet. If the Home Depot or hardware store can do it for you with their equipment, that'd be great. Good luck!