Tifa help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
kitgal421

Tifa help

Post by kitgal421 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:39 pm

I am going to my first Anime Convention in March and I wan't to cosplay as Tifa. I am totally new to cosplaying and really have no clue how to make my costume. For one, Its hard to tell how Tifa is wearing her pants and skirt/dress. This is the reference pic I am using:
http://www.whoblackpool.com/acatalog/92.jpg

She is obviously wearing shorts that go about to her knees, but then a dress flowing down...How is it connected? I was thinking of getting the black shorts and then a long dress to wear over it and cut out the front.

I just really need some help on making this costume. I have no skills in sewing or anything like that. Can I still make it out of other things?

xXxBlackxAbyssxXx

Post by xXxBlackxAbyssxXx » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:16 pm

Hey. I was wondering the same thing. I'm rather experienced with sewing but I'd like to know what the best materials for making said costume. I've been dying to cosplay Tifa as she is one of my favourite female Final
Fantasy charries. So if anyone has any pointers/tips, please let me know and I'm sure kitgal421 would also appreciate some too!