*Needs help with Fuu (MNR) Battle Costume*

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Saku-Chan

*Needs help with Fuu (MNR) Battle Costume*

Post by Saku-Chan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:45 am

I need help with Fuu's (From Magic Knight RayEarth) battle costume! I have NO idea how to make a cosplay outfit, and I want to be Fuu! Please help!
If life gives you lemons, demand limes!

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:05 pm

well, so we can help you could you supply a picture of her??
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!

OnyxRainDrop

Post by OnyxRainDrop » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:42 pm

a picture would help being that she has like 3 different battle outfits...

Saku-Chan

oops

Post by Saku-Chan » Sun May 02, 2004 7:35 am

:oops: Sorry, I'll find one and post it in a sec....

Saku-Chan

sorry

Post by Saku-Chan » Wed May 05, 2004 10:16 am

Sorry it took so long, it's like this one here:

http://fuuhououji.org/shrine/fan/fuuskytop1.gif

HyperrrMouse

Post by HyperrrMouse » Wed May 05, 2004 1:37 pm

that's a pretty darn difficult costume for a first costume. Right, first you find a pattern that is as close to that outfit as you can possible get, then you modify it so that it looks closer. Armor, i'm not much of an armor expert, so hopefully someone else can help you with prop making suggestions.
Spookshow Baby

Saku-Chan

pattern

Post by Saku-Chan » Fri May 07, 2004 4:22 pm

what do you mean similar pattern? Just green? What kind of fabric ?

HyperrrMouse

Post by HyperrrMouse » Fri May 07, 2004 11:53 pm

patterns, that they sell at fabric stores showing you how to make an outfit. they have big catelogues in the back of fabric stores, these catelogues have names like "simplicity" look through those books for a design that looks like what you need. then you buy the pattern and try to modify it to look closer. now some people just find the closest pattern tyhey can and just stick to that, and that's fine. People will know who you are tryign to be. good luck!
Spookshow Baby

demonslyr

Sword?

Post by demonslyr » Fri May 21, 2004 12:25 am

Do you want to make the sword as well? It would be pretty difficult, so I don't think you would want to do that because it takes months...especially if you mess up. I got some tips from a friend if you would like me to get them to you.

Costume..hm..The gloves would be easy. You just need long white ones, and have a seperate piece of yellow cloth..looks like golden yellow. Don't forget to place a little bit of the yellow on the rim of the end of the glove..if you want to be as detailed as possible. And if you don't I say leave it out. ^^ And the gems...do you really want gems or marbles or something? Because if you want to keep it light and simple I would say make illusions of it. Probably make a wired frame and wrap that with frabric (make flat wired frame, circle of course ^^, and place it somewhat in the middle of the frabric...or any part of it, as long as it gets covered when you fold the other part over it then glue it to the frabric, but make sure when you do cut it out to shape it, that there is a litte bot of frabric avaliable so you can sew it), and then take a white marker..or white out (^^heehe) and make the shine...and take a shadower..maybe a pencil..or a very, VERY weak pen. And take the "gem" and sew it under the yellow...okay I lost myself. One: the yellow part make sure that there's a little hole were you can place a little bit of the green frabic through and under. So when you fiip it over, you'll have a little bit of the green, then take some yellow tread and just start sewing it. I would recomend hand sewing, even though it takes longer, it's still the safest. ^^

I don't know if this will work because I'm better at planing out what should be done...

Ohh! Make sure that the cape in the back is sewed over the dress but under the white collar...thing....

The skirt/dress..depends on how you see it, pleated...but I don't know how to actually do pleats...I don't even know how it's done...I'll check up on that. ^^ Okay, I hope this helps a little!

I apologize a head of time if I caused confusion..or if I cause you confusion when you do make this...or if it goes wrong..soo..sorry ^^
"I'm a demon slayer but now...I feel that my life has no meaning...I'm just another pawn...like the rest of them..."