Need help on being Neji Hyuga!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Dark_Ceilia_Elric

Need help on being Neji Hyuga!

Post by Dark_Ceilia_Elric » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:26 pm

Alright, I'm a newbie to cosplaying. In March, me and my friend are going to an Expo, but I'll be there for only one day.

At the expo, my friend may be Edward Elric, Envy, or Winry. For Halloween, we were both Edward Elric (IronicXD) I plan to be Neji Hyuga, but I don't have anything (Ya know, contacts, costume)

I want to get eveything to be Neji. Like Clothes and contacts. But, I want everything to add up to $50 or less. So, what clothes should I use? Should I not get contacts? How much would they cost?

I may get a ninja headband for Christmas, so that would help.

Please send advice for clothes and contacts!

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:58 pm

Contact lenses are fairly expensive, so if your buget is $50, then I suggest not getting them.

For the clothes, you can alter an existing shirt, but I think it would be better to start from scratch. I'm currently helping my friend making the same outfit and I would estimate that the material will cost around $20-$30 USD (including the shorts and pouch). So it's not that much...plus the pattern is fairly easy and there isn't really anything complex about it...

Anyways, I hope my ranting offered some help ^_^ I'm kind of confused about your question...I'm just really random --> sorry...
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

xXSaKuRaXx

Post by xXSaKuRaXx » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:52 pm

Well, for my Sakura costume.... I payed I think 60 bucks USD. If I were you, and you would want it to be under 50 bucks.... Idsay get something very similar to his outfit... So people know who ya are.. Ya know? See.... Thats what I did with my Sakura outfit... I didnt have her shorts or her headband so I made up my own acessories for her... Surprisingly, people knew who I was at our school halloween dance ^.^..

Anyways, my one friend made her own link costume.... Mabye try doing that... I mean.. If ya know how ta sew.... I dont wanna be the cause of something I didnt mean to do.. You can get most cloth at Wall Mart beleve it or not... Thats where my friend got hers... Its cheap fabric... But if someone didnt dress up as the Bishop, she woulda totally won! >.<

As for contacts... DONT! Contacts are more expensive than ya think... If your budget is $50 I would just drop the contact idea... If you can see close up things, I suggest you take them off for a while... If something happens and you cant see then put them back on... But if you cant see like ANYTHING then just leave them on.. People should know who ya are...

If you want to buy the ACTUAL costume.. Do a google or a ask.com search. Thats what I did for mine and I think I found a Neji costume.... Ushally they are on shopzilla, online halloween shops, or amazon... DONT go on Ebay... It comes with everything.. But its VERY expensive.... Ushally.. On the halloween stores, amazon, and shopzilla... Theyre about 10 dollars over your buget.... But ya never know... One was on there for about $20

WOW! I wrote a lot

PS- I'm new at this too.. But my friends and I did cosplay outfits for halloween and I had to give the same advise to my friend who was Link!!