Yuna's red braid

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
guado_girl

Yuna's red braid

Post by guado_girl » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:23 am

I need help making Yuna's red braid ponytail thing. I don't know how to make it at all or the hair on the bottom of it. Can anyone help me? Please and thank you.

Ami

Post by Ami » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:10 pm

I'm making the same thing and here's what I did. Now, mind you, it might not look EXACTLY like it, but it'll work. First, your gonna need some fabric the color of the braid and some white fabric. It's not gonna have that criss-crossy braid look, but again, I'm trying to help. Then, cut the pink fabric about 8 inches short of how long u want the actual braid. Cut it about a foot or so wide depending on the fabric you used. When I used cotton, it took about a foot. Then, roll it up to however thick you want it and sew it (or glue it or w/e I don't care) so it looks like...well...a roll of fabric. Cut some out of the top and bottom to leave room to attach the rest of it. the, take a piece of the white and wrap it around the bottom of the big pink part. about half of it shold actually be ON the pink part. Then, use a gluegun (or something) to glue one of those fake hair pieces (u can usually get them at the drugstore and definatley in a mall) into the bottom where the white abric is so it looks good. The, if you cut some of the inner fabirc out of the top like I said, u can use a hair rubberband to attach it to ur hair. If all else fails, just buy one of those really expensive loooooooooooong hair extensions, braid it, dye it pink, and use that. Well, that's wut I did. It's just an idea. *shrugs* I like to try and help :D .
Ãmį, Secdnacc uv tnaysc.

guado_girl

Thankyou

Post by guado_girl » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:51 pm

Ami wrote:I'm making the same thing and here's what I did. Now, mind you, it might not look EXACTLY like it, but it'll work. First, your gonna need some fabric the color of the braid and some white fabric. It's not gonna have that criss-crossy braid look, but again, I'm trying to help. Then, cut the pink fabric about 8 inches short of how long u want the actual braid. Cut it about a foot or so wide depending on the fabric you used. When I used cotton, it took about a foot. Then, roll it up to however thick you want it and sew it (or glue it or w/e I don't care) so it looks like...well...a roll of fabric. Cut some out of the top and bottom to leave room to attach the rest of it. the, take a piece of the white and wrap it around the bottom of the big pink part. about half of it shold actually be ON the pink part. Then, use a gluegun (or something) to glue one of those fake hair pieces (u can usually get them at the drugstore and definatley in a mall) into the bottom where the white abric is so it looks good. The, if you cut some of the inner fabirc out of the top like I said, u can use a hair rubberband to attach it to ur hair. If all else fails, just buy one of those really expensive loooooooooooong hair extensions, braid it, dye it pink, and use that. Well, that's wut I did. It's just an idea. *shrugs* I like to try and help :D .
Thank you
Ill try the best I can.

Laura92

hmm

Post by Laura92 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:11 pm

go on ebay. there's always a ton of them.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!