Mew Ichigo's battle costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
sen2379

Mew Ichigo's battle costume

Post by sen2379 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Does anyone know how to make Mew Ichigo's battle costume? Let me know if you do.
Sen

Raikou_Neko

Post by Raikou_Neko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:27 am

hmm...this is the outfit you want, correct?
http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/T-Z/ ... ichigo.jpg
even though her outfit looks shiny in the picture, don't use a shiny material, use something like cotton or polyester...for the chest part, it'll need to be really tight otherwise it'll fall down...thats all I can really help you with...I'm not the best at making costumes yet myself...

COS-show

Post by COS-show » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:01 pm

I can make one suit to you.

Pls contact me for details.
COS-CLUB:http://cos.go.3322.org.
I am the owner of one sewing workshop,If you have an interest in our products pls contact me by email esuian@gmail.com

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:15 pm

I think you might want to use boning so that the top wouldn't fall and the the flaps would stay up. And you might want to try having a petticoat underneath the skirt to give it volume. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommand fabric that is too shiny, but a little shine can give it a very cute look. It's all about the balance ^_^

I'm not sure which part of the costume you want advice on, so I'm going to give a little on each field:

The top - from the picture it looks like it has several different panels. So I would recommand 5 panels and a zipper on the back for easy wear. If you want, you can also sew in a pair of clear strap to hold the top up.

The skirt - I don't know if you're familiar with those Asian skirts, but basically the idea is to make a skirt like how you would normallly do and add an elastic on the bottom so that it will create the effect in the picture.

The gloves - I higly suggest finding a pattern for it (I'm not that good at making them myself)

Coker, arm, and leg bands - pretty easy to make, and attach with velcro or snaps

Ears and tail - there are alot of online tutorials, so I'm sure you will find something ^_^

I'm not familiar with making boot covers, so I can't offer any suggestions. I hope the above helps (or I'm just being annoying). Anyways, good luck!
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams