Help with Boots - Wide Calves?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
SeekingElegance

Help with Boots - Wide Calves?

Post by SeekingElegance » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:47 pm

Hidy-ho minna-san~! I am working on a Mermaid Melody PPP cosplay check here for picture --> http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/ ... chiad2.jpg
So I will need lace-up red boots. I've looked online and found a few, the problem is, I have larger calves (GRARG!!!) the boots I've found lace up but also have an inside zipper... Do you guys think I can just adjust with the laces to make it fit my calves and forego the zipper? Or is there some other method I should use.
Thank you very much for your help!

Always....
Alyson

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:58 am

You'll need to close the zippers or the boots won't stay on. Adjusting the laces should make them fit you better. If that's not enough, stretching the boots would probably work if they're made of leather or vinyl.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:43 am

Those are called "Gogo Boots"

And one day I was looking for those type of boots and found myself in an adult store looking for boots. That was the only place left that I knew of.

If you come across a white pair, it's fairly easy to just dye the boots red.

Pixie of Death

Post by Pixie of Death » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:46 pm

I totally feel your pain. I too have the "large calf" issue. But you should be able to adjust the laces loosely enought hat they'll fit with no problem. :)