Reinforcing And Attaching Angel Wings

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
*~Kitten~*

Reinforcing And Attaching Angel Wings

Post by *~Kitten~* » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:59 am

I have these awesome wings, might have seen them in the BUY-SELL thing, and I want to know if anyone has any ideas for backing them, they need something to keep them up, because they're a little floppy, I think I need like wire or something. \

And a way to keep them on a person without taping or sewing them into the garment, though that could be the option.

^ Back of the wings, what people from behind me would see.

^ Back of the wings close up! <3

^Front of the wings close up! <3 ...and a random leather rose. XD

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 am

You could use ribbon and attach it on the sides then cross it in the back like a criss cross and then makethe ribbon come out at the top and bottom of each end of the wings, so you would have in theory four ribbons to tie arond you in the front to criss cross. that is jsut an idea for tying them to you,
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

*~Kitten~*

Post by *~Kitten~* » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 pm

WINGS wrote:You could use ribbon and attach it on the sides then cross it in the back like a criss cross and then makethe ribbon come out at the top and bottom of each end of the wings, so you would have in theory four ribbons to tie arond you in the front to criss cross. that is jsut an idea for tying them to you,
Thats what I was thinking... maybe not lace, maybe heavy duty lace or something.

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:57 pm

Yeah or maybe ribbon, I have found it is a bit more sturdy but if you want lace then go with a heavy duty one for sure.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

*~Kitten~*

Post by *~Kitten~* » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:50 pm

It's proving REALLY hard to find the right kinda lace, I found some nice stuff, but it's a little creamy for my taste.