Eye color problem

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Amannauriel

Eye color problem

Post by Amannauriel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:25 am

Hey. I'm going to be cosplaying as Hinata from Naruto this year at Anime Expo 2006. However I'm having trouble with her eye color. She has opaque type eyes and I was wondering if anyone would know of contacts that can make my eyes that color.

Shiranui

Post by Shiranui » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:37 am

Hinata? Cuute x3

I've been seeing a lotof people wearing white lenses which turn the eyecolor into a very very bright blue. Maybe that would help?

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:07 am

go to www.cosplaylab.com and visit their idol eyes, imortal eyes, or cosmic eyes shop. They have pretty good prices, you have to scroll down the page a lil way. They also can do special design contacts. Hope this helps you.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

Rika Nakamura

Post by Rika Nakamura » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:41 pm

I heard you're really not supposed to buy contacts off the net. I know the eye doctor in wal*mart carries some FX contacts. You're eyes may not be able to take contacts, and there you can get your eyes checked and put in your order. I think the price is about 60$ per eye.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:41 pm

Well, doctors advise against it due to the fact that if the lens or storage fluid is contaminated, it can do serious damage to your eyes. However, I would find it easier to trust sites on Cosplaylab.com than Wal-Mart... that way you can at least ask around and get recommendations from other cosplayers.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:44 pm

I wear contacts, the main reason they tell you not to is because most people do not know that they have to have a certain curve. If the contact bottle is sealed then there shouldn't be any contamination. Most optomitrist advise against theatrical lenses because they think that people will share them, need I say NASTY. An optomitrist told me that Wild Eyes(when they came out) would infect my eyes and advised me against them and gave me an article on it. I read the article and it said the people who's eyes were getting infections were those sharing them. I was pissed that they lied to me, I am not stupid and had been wearing contacts for a couple of years then. I find nothing wrong with buying contacts online. Wal Mart just wants you to buy their contacts and will use scare tactics to get you to do so. You have to use your own judgment and weigh the situation. WalMart gets your bussiness, cosplaylab gets your bussiness. Oh and if you do plan on buying them check the brand then ask your optomitrist if they are okay for you. It's pretty simple.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

BlackKnightress210

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:36 am

Agreed with WINGS. A similar situation happened with me, however I had to check with mom because I had only once worn a special contact before. (Zebra's because I love them)
Anyhow, at AB05 I picked up a pair from one of the comanies also on other cosplay websites. They were good contacts but they bothered my eyes because the curve/retna of my eye wasn't the same as the lens. Just be careful when you get them because they might bother some people, they might not. *shrug* If your sensitive, I don't suggest it but what color are your eyes? Sure it helps complete the costume, but if you have gray or blue I'm not sure it would matter. Now, brown or green or anything along those lines might cause issue if you're hung up on this need.
Anyhow, I wish you luck but make sure to check around with the 'rents (if you live with them or w/e), sites, and others that have had these. You'll probably get many different responses.
LUCKY TO YOU!

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:35 am

Thanks for your confidence in Cosplay Lab's contact lens stores, guys. :)

Contacts from our supplier are FDA approved and follow all the necessary procedures. We encourage everyone to get an eye exam prior to ordering because, as you've said, a small percentage of people simply can't wear any type of contact lens so they shouldn't be trying their luck doing things they oughtn't.

See our FAQ for more detailed info. If anyone just isn't comfortable shopping online, that's ok too. We're not going to twist anyone's arm.

Hinata is a pretty popular request because she doesn't have pupils, but contacts with no pupils = no vision. Most people use the Manson or Zombie design so they can still see. Some will use Frosty and be sort of blind for awhile.

Shiranui

Post by Shiranui » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Because we're just discussing the online store contact lenses issue...

I went to a optomitrist today to ask for cat eye lenses...they told me I shouldn't get those. They noticed I was wearing glasses so they said my eyes are distorted (sry for bad english, I'm german :? ) so the lenses would rotate in my eyes every time I blink ... so I'd look like this: (~),(\)
XD

If I bought them online I wouldn't have known, so it would've been a waste of money...so I want to remember you to alwaaaays ask an eye doctor...!

Fénicia

Post by Fénicia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:52 am

I have cat eye lenses and thay are on prescipion. Without lenses I cann't see anything and I have those cat lenses for more then 10 years (but I wear them about 1 or 2 a year). And I wear daily color contacts for more then 15 years, without any problems. If you get the right lenses, then they won't turn as they have a very tiny dot on the bottom.

Resident_evil_leon_hot

Post by Resident_evil_leon_hot » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:09 pm

Go to http://www.nighteyes.cc/ they have TONS of colors even people that have very dark brown eyes and their avrege price is $29.95 which comes for BOTH eyes that is where i am getting my contacts for my jill valentine costume that is my best bet but if you dont trust them you should ask your eye doctor but knowing them they will CHARGE YOU ALOT! :shock:

PinqFuu

Post by PinqFuu » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:55 pm

If you're planning on getting colored contacts- or contacts at all. You need to consult an optomitrist. Whether you wear glasses or not. They need to see th shape of your eye and how your espond to a piece of plastic attaching itself to your eye for maybe more than 12 hrs.

An eye exam shouldn't be too much if you have medical insurance.

As far as CosplayLab goes, I've ordered my first pair. And my trust with them is going good so far as they required my RX. This is important because they can verify whether or not I can wear contacts, when my next check up is due, and be sure that the contacts will fit before charging me. They were also very thurough in their descriptions in their FAQ. I haven't received mine yet, but I'm quite thriled about them.

Any other place with less concern is a big concern to me.
it's hard being pinq

FlareonJupiter

Post by FlareonJupiter » Sun May 14, 2006 4:50 am

Rather than contacts, you could just wear eye shadow. It will bring out your eyes, it's less expensive, and there's less of a risk of an eye infection.

For example, my eyes are brown, but I'm wearing blue eye shadow since my cosplay character has blue eyes.

May I make a suggestion? I recommend Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow. It's supposed to feel smooth and is available in eight different colors. Check it out:

http://www.maybelline.com/products/prod ... prodid=260

Hope this helps! :)

Lunakitty

Post by Lunakitty » Tue May 23, 2006 6:36 pm

A lot of people seem to want to lighten up their eyes--i'm the opposite for the costume I am working on. I need daaark rich brown contacts (which I can't seem to find) , whereas I have pale blue eyes, go figure! :p