Aerith's lovely staff

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
SephysManda

Aerith's lovely staff

Post by SephysManda » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:49 pm

How would I make Aerith's staff?
~Manda da Panda~

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:05 am

I would start with a wood dowel and if you some one who has a lathe (I think that's how you spell it) have them make the main details on the ends and in the middle and then add the smaller details and paint. That is the best and most accurate way to do it. If you do not know wome one with a lathe, call your local high school and see if they have one in their wood shop and ask if some one could do it for you. It might be cheaper if you have a high school student do it cause it could be for their grade.
http://www.paused.ca/images/aerithlarge.jpg
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:10 pm

sadly, I found out the truth to Dowels, the biggest you can find is 1/2inch. Best option is to Lathe it if you'll be makeing it out of wood.

Another option, if you may, is PVC pipe. This stuff will sound a little old when carrying it around, but it's incredibly light weight and universial, go to your nearest Hardware store to ask about what kind of joints and connectors you'd need. For the little bolt covers, invest in wooden screw covers with a round head. For the center part, use Electricle tape and carefully wrap it one way, than go the other direction completely.

I had to buy a wooden one off some Amish wood makers, it costed around $80 and weighd in around 20lbs... fairly heavy after the 3rd day.

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:26 pm

You can get closet dowels in up to about 1.5 inches. I( work at a hardware store:)
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

SephysManda

Post by SephysManda » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 pm

okiedokie. Thx =^_^=
~Manda da Panda~