Nami from One Piece costume help ^_^ Really Needed

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Shiyoku

Nami from One Piece costume help ^_^ Really Needed

Post by Shiyoku » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:45 pm

Alright so me and 2 of my friends are doing a One Piece group cos thing for Anime north this year and I'm going to be Nami, and I'm wanting to do the one that looks like this >> http://dwj.freeshell.org/blog/archives/ ... e/nami.jpg

But I need help with the shoes, they're really weird, I've come to conclusion that I could just get a blue army printed bathing suit top and purple cargo capris right? but then it comes to the sandles. They're really weird maked so I have no idea what to do for them. So if you could help ^_^ please do

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:44 am

If you could find heeled, flip-flop (thong) variety sandals with the same or similar sole as hers, it should be pretty easy. Just cut off the part that goes over your foot, but leave the thong (the part that goes between your toes). Then get a piece of leather/fabric that looks like the base and cut that front strip out of it. Attatch the end of the strip to the part you left attatched, and add straps on either side. Painted elastic would work if you can't get the leather (or whatever) to work, otherwise you could add snaps or something to be able to take off/put on the sandals. To glue them together, use something like contact cement or Gorilla glue (I hear that stuff never gives up).
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Dark_Tiger

Post by Dark_Tiger » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:54 pm

Another option would be to take a pair of boots (not lace-up) and start cutting out thosed sandles.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki