New to cosplaying. Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
TheCosplayVirgin85

New to cosplaying. Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Post by TheCosplayVirgin85 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:04 am

As you all can tell by my name. I've never cosplayed before but i'd want to so bad. My problem is that I lack what some people call skill in this sort of thing. I have many ideas to what I want to cosplay as (Cloud AC) but I dont know where to start. Or if I should cosplay as someone that is popular but not cosplayed enough(if that makes sense). All the people who've tried to help abandoned me. Please if anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me please. I have to get ready for Anime Boston 2006.
thank you
Mo

Leonheart

Post by Leonheart » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:31 pm

Well, you shouldn't base what you want to cosplay over what other people think is cosplayed too much. Go ahead and cosplay whatever you want!
As for the help, I can suggest this. Go to some thrift stores and malls with a picture of cloud. Try and find something that might look good in the outfit, even if it has to be altered.
I make free sigs, PM me for info :D

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:59 pm

Just so you know, it's your choice as to who you cosplay as. More than often, I find people who cosplay the less known characters but then nag when they find that no one recognizes them.

For beginners, I think you should try something more known.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1