PLEASE HELP ME *crys*

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Pocky

PLEASE HELP ME *crys*

Post by Pocky » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:53 pm

I got white boots in the mail... feet fit fine... but....but...*crys* curse my big calfs.... *sniffle* any ideas on how to fix this? T~T
PIN BALL!!!!

YOU IDIOT! ~ Naru
~BAM~
So thats what it feels like to have a girlfriend ~ Keitaro

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:22 pm

Let's see....I assume these are knee high white boots? Well, you could alter them by cutting and then sewing them back together. Other than that, just have a friend struggle with the zipper and squeeze in.

Submit to the pain like I did while I was wearing Dita!
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:16 am

It depends on what the boots are made of, but you could try stretching them first. Ask at your local shoe repair shop whether they can help you. They should have devices for it. Stretching will work for leather and some types of vinyl. If your boots are fabric or a type material that always goes back to its original shape, stretching probably won't help.

An additional thing you could try is wearing medical hosiery that's designed for people with varicose veins. The hosiery really squeezes you so it may allow you to wear your boots more comfortably.

^_^

Fialchar

Post by Fialchar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:05 am

Well, you could always let you calves atrophy and fit into them at a later point. J/k ;)

As suggested earlier, I would stop by a local shoe repair store and see what services they could offer.

Become the wind, the divine wind, and into the darkness disappear..

~†t+-來~§ђǻŁǻ₣ï~來-+t†~

Miss D

Post by Miss D » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:33 pm

A fast fix for boot with laces would be to buy an extra pair of laces so you can lace the leg portion so it stays open further. Ones with zippers, you can pin a panel of fabric in the gap some times.

Keep in mind, either of these things would make them much less supportive of your ankle, so wear them with care. Else wise, it would be having a cobbler work on them, unless they where inexpensive, in which case looking for a diffrent pair would be cheaper than repairs.
Want the best cosplay at your convention?
www.customcosplay.com

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:06 am

My suggestion- play DDR every day for a few weeks. You should be able to wear them by then- if you can't, then at least you have nice legs. ^^
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

dnangelsora

here's how i'm trying do deal with the same problem

Post by dnangelsora » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:17 pm

Actually i'm having the same problem right now....

I play a lot of soccer, so my legs are all huge. If i were to measure it with a measuring tape around the largest part of my calf, it would be about 16 inches.....

i'm going to be wearing boots as well, and like you, the foot fit fine, but my calf wouldn't. My mom was determined to get them in.
Just go with what Hemuloki-sama suggests...get someone, who's determined and patient, to help you put them on.

SO there we sat at Payless working at the zipper (keep in mind, i was stretching my legs the whole time) until we got it. The boot was made out of a cheap leather, but otherwise, we were able to make it fit and the employee mentioned that most boots should slowly stretch to fit your calf if worn regularly.

So what am i doing until the time to put them on comes...
i'm putting myself on an overdue diet, that way i just eat less instead of excersising more. Special k cereal for 2 meals, and burning 150-200 calories on DDR daily (as previously mentioned) before i shower. And i'm cutting back on backyard soccer and just playing DDR and stretching.

not that i'm saying you should do what i'm doing...(my schedule sucks right now, so i'm doing what i can to kkep healthy) but that's my idea on trying to lean down MY calves. I'm getting a head start cause i'm using those boots in about 3 weeks and in October.

I hope i helped you or gave you an idea
-"Passion" by Utada Hikaru

Pocky

Post by Pocky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:45 pm

Well the thing is mine are so big the zipper won't even go up T_T*crys*
PIN BALL!!!!

YOU IDIOT! ~ Naru
~BAM~
So thats what it feels like to have a girlfriend ~ Keitaro

dnangelsora

Post by dnangelsora » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:41 pm

don't worry! just keep trying!
-"Passion" by Utada Hikaru

mist_anbu_haku

Post by mist_anbu_haku » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:02 pm

try streaching out the shoue a little bit. my boots couldn't fit my calves so i stretched them little by little each day