Wings...

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
sesshomaru-sama

Wings...

Post by sesshomaru-sama » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:13 pm

Hello there!

I am constructing the cosplay of Access Time from KKJ and I need some help on how to make his wings...

Heres a picture

Sorry... its really hard to find pictures of this guy -_-'

Thanks!!
-~*"My Story..." Cosplay and Commissions*~-
-I guess that’s the way the story goes, Will it ever make sense, Somebodies got to Know-

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:18 pm

I recomend you buy some at a costume shop for about $30 and just Hot glue the blue glass on. Easy and simple.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:16 am

I know I helped somebody with wing issues earlier... let me find the post. I can't find the bleeding thing, so I'll do it again.

Get several wingtip feathers (at least a dozen for each wing), and a few packets of "normal" fluff feathers of that colour- I'm sure you can find them somewhere.

Then cut a piece of (corrugated) cardboard to the approximate size of the wing without feathers. However, you need to cut it on a certain angle, so you can have "sockets" for the tip feathers. Now install the wingtip feathers into the corrugated holes, and line up the rest of them on the lower edge of the wings. At this point, check to make sure you have a left and a right wing (I've made that mistake before ^^U). Glue all of them into place. Now take the rest of the feathers and glue them in partially overlapping layers along the bare cardboard part, on the front and the back.

Assuming you haven't already started (you're not even finished reading yet!), now would be a good time to decide how you're going to attatch these wings to your body. You might want to attatch whatever straps you're going to use before you start, so you can cover them with feathers to make them less visible. For the jewel part, you might want to use half of a shiny plastic christmas ornament (they come in all shapes and sizes, and are really cheap, though I don't know where you'd find them around this time of year).

Good luck, and if you need more help just ask!
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:58 pm

hmm i would check ebay..or the like..just make sure they are not a crap tastic pair of wings..
I would suggest making them on your own..but..since they are smaller it may just cost less or the same amount to buy them

If you do want to make them yourself
go to
rainbowfeatherco.com

they have so many feathers..in every color possible..except..clear
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!