GOD DO SO HELP ME WITH THE YUNA COSTUME BEFOR I DIE

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
saihi_slowmotionhunter

GOD DO SO HELP ME WITH THE YUNA COSTUME BEFOR I DIE

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Mon May 16, 2005 9:43 am

once upon a time, I had a very annoying and stubborn friend that promised me that she would do a Yuna (ffx) costume so she's go with me to a con and it's been three months all all she has done is gotten the SKIRT CLOTH and that really PISSED ME OFF. So now I have her chained next to me in the school library because she needs SERIOUS HELP and she's going to get it or else she's not going to lunch!!! (she gasp) THAT'S RIGHT. So sit tight until you get help. Okay, she's like, straight-jacketed to a very comfortable chair, so if you people feel sorry for her, please lend her some help (soon. she's hungry). She needs help on.... ALL SUBJECTS OF YUNA. (that means skirt, halter top thinie, sash, bow thing,and arm thingie)

Wait, she wants to say something... here we go.:

WAAHH!!! I wanna go to lunch!!! respond peoples!!!! >o<

whatever. you're not going anywhere, so hurry!

URGENT[/b]

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Mon May 16, 2005 10:14 am

Huh? If she got the skirt thingy done, which is essentially the hardest part of the costume, what's really holding her back from the rest?
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

Juci

Post by Juci » Mon May 16, 2005 10:59 am

I agree with Hemuloki-sama... The dress does look like and is the hardest part of the costume. The rest should be as easy as putting tv dinner in the microwave.
Maybe you need is a reference pic.

Here is a good pic. ^_^~ Hope it helps.

The boots can be found at ebay for a good price. The little bag the same but it'll be cheaper to make one yourself and purses are the easiest things to sew together.

Anyways good luck on your costume. :D
"I love you, May I glomp you."

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Mon May 16, 2005 1:30 pm

acutally, it's the ffx one.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon May 16, 2005 3:40 pm

Now hold on, let me find my friend's site...

Ok. Thou shalt go here, and thou shalt not click back and look at the other galleries, lest you accidentally see me in costume. Perish the thought.
She posted pictures of the progress of her FFX Yuna costume. She didn't manage to finish the staff-thing, but otherwise she finished. Just a warning (to your friend)- don't let others' pervy dads tell you that people can see your bra, because that's the POINT of the white cross-in-front bit.
To the hostage-holder (you)- It's good that you're kicking her butt into gear. I always have to do that with my friends. ^^;

Random details on her costume: I don't suggest you use the same nasty cord stuff for the ties on the sleeves, unless you like re-tying them every couple of hours, and losing circulation to your arms when you do. Her obi is reinforced with coat-hanger wire, and was safety-pinned up for support.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Juci

Post by Juci » Mon May 16, 2005 5:44 pm

Wow it's nice of you to make a step by step page of your costume. for others to know how to make one for themselves. Thats cool. :D There are a hand full of people who acturally do that. I wish my digital cam didn't ate batteries like an Insecticon. I would have shon people how I did my Decepticon crown.

Anyways the arm bands should be easy. When doing the arm bands just sew a elastic string into the arm bands , that way you don't use the string to tie the bands to your arms that brown string can just be there for beauty and show, the elastic string will do that for you. It makes taking and putting on the arm bands easy and it's hard for it to slip off.

what you do for the arm bands:
Just do what you did with the dress, but leave a small hole to insert the elastic string into it, make sure the elastic string is tight fitted on you and not loose fitted, other wise your going to have arm bands that fall off.

The top should be the easiest, especialy since you got a shirt that resembles alot like that shirt in the first place.

:D Again good luck on the costume.

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Mon May 16, 2005 7:09 pm

you guys are so nice, i'm so greatful! (it's nine at night, friend died of hunger) Thank you for all the help! on the average, how much would the price tag be on the material though? (she's going to owe me so much)

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon May 16, 2005 7:27 pm

I'll ask her if I remember to, but I don't think it should be too much (depending on what fabrics you get, of course). I mean, it's not really that much fabric, you just have to take into consideration how you're going to get the designs on there (fabric paint?)

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Mon May 16, 2005 7:30 pm

what about the white haulter/thingie? I really didn't get that part, even though it looked like all you do is take a stripe of white silk and wrap it.... er......

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon May 16, 2005 7:52 pm

It was a double thickness of the same material as the sleeves around the neck and crossed over the front and somewhat secured by the obi. Unless you're doing some athletic activity in this costume, it shouldn't move around too much.

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Tue May 17, 2005 9:56 am

okay, it's a newdayand I strapped her in again

NOOOO!!!

I brought her to school. she revived herself. she even brough 'needles'. Okay,can you say that in simpler english?

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Tue May 17, 2005 10:10 am

and for the flower designs and such, I use transfer paper and paint... right?

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue May 17, 2005 5:56 pm

*nods* yeah, transfer paper and fabric paint is what she used.

about the top part- take long strip of white fabric, fold in half the long way. sew around 3 edges. you now have a tube of white fabric, open at one end. turn right-side out, and sew up the remaining side. drape this scarf thing over your neck, crossing the two long parts in front over your chest. now put on the obi, however you designed it (hers is the easy way, it closes with velcro in the back). the top should now be held on using only the obi. this is how it is supposed to be. now if you are insecure, use safety pins and affix edges as necessary.

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Wed May 18, 2005 9:59 am

okay, new day (again). I understood it now, (after about 30 minutes of staring at the screen and reading it outloud to the prisoner. She still doesn't get it. Now I have to EXPLAIN to her.) She wants to ask/say something herself, so here:

Yumi: o.o||| *gasp* im not getting any of this!!!

Saihi: that's because you're dumb and you're lacking food (again). maybe if I fed you, you're brain ywould function better....

Yumi: ok...o.o uh..anyway, i need to understand it a bit more. So uhh...

Saihi: okay, she couldn't ype the words because she just collaped to the floor, so I'll type itfor her: She needs the 'help' (I so pity her) in steps (1, 2, 3) like, fer say:

(1) eat lunch.
(2) buy cloth
(3) get needles and thread ready.

See? She needs SERIOUS help and I feel sorryf or her because there's going to be a lot of steps...... beacuase ever step is so DETAILED.

Yumi: *gasp* nooooooo! *revives* I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Saihi: and I thought you needed food to revive yourself.....

Yumi: *collasps again*

Sahi: Drop dead. And yes, it's lunch. I've been starving her for.... four days now. let's keep going

Juci

Post by Juci » Wed May 18, 2005 11:09 am

wow your some friend letting your buddy strave like that. Heehee.

Which part specifically is your friend stuck on, if it's the shirt. That should be easy. It's more like a shirt wrap around the neck and button down at the bottom of the front part of the blouse with a back part attached to the bottom part of the front.

saihi_slowmotionhunter

Post by saihi_slowmotionhunter » Thu May 19, 2005 9:42 am

Yumi: uhhh...thanks! what I really need help on is the skirt, though. The shirt can be easy, i think. :\

Saihi: Y ou know why she needs help on the skirt? She doesn't know how to dart. Some one EXPLAIN to her what dart is! Oh, and if we dart it, should the dart stop halfway down the skirt? because in the sendings, when Yuna twirled, the skirt spread. Should we apply the flower patters before the dartings, or after the dartings?

Yumi: Saihi, what is dart...?

Saihi: I explained to you before. why do you never listen to me?

Yumi: ... ... ... food... ... ... ...

Saihi: you're going to get fat some day.

Yumi: ... ... ... ...food ......

Saihi: okay, yea. whatever. go get money and i'll get you some more fabric (she killed the other one I got her).

Yumi: ..... ... ... food....

Saihi: HEY!! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!?!

Yumi: huh? *reads the above. starts whining* but I need money for food!

Saihi: You need money for your costume because in one month we're going!!! I'm not going to help you.... you... you..... LONER!!!

Yumi: *gasp*

Saihi: That got her.

Juci

Post by Juci » Thu May 19, 2005 3:16 pm

Here is a site that can help your friend on how to dart on clothes. From the way I see it I think it's better to put the pattern first then dart.

http://www.ehow.com/how_11303_sew-darts-clothing.html

http://www.denverfabrics.com/pages/sewi ... -darts.htm

Hope this helps. :D