Hakuryu idea, need suggestions.

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Mei Long

Hakuryu idea, need suggestions.

Post by Mei Long » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:55 am

I will be cosplaying as Cho Hakkai later this year, and to make the get-up complete I was pondering how I could go about incorporating a Hakuryu into it. Now, most have used a plushie, and while cute, I'm afraid I am not a plushie type person. I was thinking of constructing a model of hakuryu that people would think was a plushie, but there would be some sort of electronics inside his neck that would enable me to move his neck perhaps with a remote of somekind.

Now, this probably sounds way complicated, but I believe it can be done.
If anyone out there has any idea of how i can go about this, or if there's someone i can commision, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much. :-)
everyday i wake up, look in the mirror, and wish i hadn't woken up at all... but then i really wake up and find it was a dream... then i go back to sleep because it's 3 in the morning and i have finals tomorrow. love my life.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:20 am

Dunno if this would work, but could you use a moving toy as a base and cover it? If it were a plush toy like one of those puppies that walks and nods his head, you could remove the fur & stuffing, and build your model over the mechanics.

Mei Long

Post by Mei Long » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:04 pm

Yes, that does sound like a good idea, but can you think of any toys that would work for hakuryu's loooooong neck? I really can't think of any...
because I don't think I've ever seen one of those puppies that walk and move their neck. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much for responding. :-)
everyday i wake up, look in the mirror, and wish i hadn't woken up at all... but then i really wake up and find it was a dream... then i go back to sleep because it's 3 in the morning and i have finals tomorrow. love my life.